- New Apex Legends characters leaked by data miners 1 Year Ago
- Ken Jeong falls back on crude humor and lazy stereotypes in ‘You Complete Me, Ho’ 1 Year Ago
- 14 artsy cartoon mugs that’ll help make your days more creative 1 Year Ago
- Netflix cancels ‘Jessica Jones’ and ‘The Punisher’ Today 11:26 AM
- YouTube is fueling the rise in flat earth believers Today 11:04 AM
- Review: Crackdown 3 is not a world worth saving Today 11:00 AM
- Scathing privacy report calls Facebook a ‘digital gangster’ Today 10:50 AM
- 21 Savage goes deep on 21 Savage memes Today 10:49 AM
- Everyone is debating the number of towels you should own Today 10:47 AM
- How to unlock the Fortnite Prisoner stage 4 skin Today 10:45 AM
- Julian Assange reportedly nominated for Nobel Peace Prize Today 10:27 AM
- Major U.S. airlines will soon implement nonbinary gender options Today 10:21 AM
- Trump calls 25th Amendment talk a ‘coup’ attempt Today 8:42 AM
- The Hatebook: Inside Facebook’s thriving subculture of racism Today 7:29 AM
- Anthony Hamilton’s national anthem at All-Star game sparks MVP meme Today 7:02 AM
Donald Trump retweets doctored pic with CNN’s blood splattered on his shoe
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
This apparently is his Christmas Eve message.
Five months after President Donald Trump tweeted a doctored video of himself beating up CNN in WWE-style, his latest attack on the network was a little more subtle. But only a little.
On Sunday morning, Trump retweeted this image in which he’s seated in a limo on his car phone with the word “WINNING” written across the top. But if you look closely at the bottom of his shoe, you’ll see the bloody insult.
Thank you President TRUMP!! pic.twitter.com/LKdkT0FL99
— oregon4TRUMP (@shawgerald4) December 23, 2017
That’s a blood-spattered CNN logo. In case you need a closer look…
A few minutes later, Trump blasted what he calls “fake news” and “fake polls” (as Vox noted this week, he has the lowest-rated poll numbers of any first-year president in history).
The Fake News refuses to talk about how Big and how Strong our BASE is. They show Fake Polls just like they report Fake News. Despite only negative reporting, we are doing well – nobody is going to beat us. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 24, 2017
But is Trump spending the morning of Christmas Eve watching the network he professes to hate? It’s possible.
Trump’s dismal approval ratings have come up on CNN’s “Inside Politics” several times this hour. Coincidence? https://t.co/f2bI4UqrYT
— Brian Stelter (@brianstelter) December 24, 2017
It also appears Trump is not winning the battle when people are asked about who to trust more. In October, a poll showed that people were trusting the media more and trusting Trump less.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.