- Why everyone wants to debate AOC, and no one wants to debate Ilhan Omar 3 Weeks Ago
- How to watch the Trvl Channel online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Are we going to get a ‘Community’ movie on Netflix? Sunday 2:46 PM
- Social networking site Ravelry bans all posts that are supportive of Trump and his administration Sunday 2:07 PM
- YouTube is testing hiding its comments section Sunday 1:23 PM
- Think you have what it takes to be Beyoncé’s assistant for the day? Sunday 1:02 PM
- Facebook co-founder warns against Libra, the company’s new cryptocurrency Sunday 12:04 PM
- Missing YouTuber Etika’s belongings found alongside bridge Sunday 9:16 AM
- What is #sayfie and why do Floridians use it so much? Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch WWE Stomping Grounds for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Trump tweets nightmarish video of himself being president ‘4EVA’ Saturday 3:15 PM
- The internet cannot believe how this zoo conducts its ‘escaped lion drill’ Saturday 1:39 PM
- Spotify wants to take back money from ‘overpaid’ songwriters, publishers Saturday 12:35 PM
- Mac from ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’ finally got to play catch with Chase Utley Saturday 11:23 AM
- Oh man, Netflix just canceled ‘Good Omens’ Saturday 9:11 AM
The president didn’t seem too enthused about it at first, but went along with the bit.
President Donald Trump wore a hat gifted to him by Piers Morgan on Tuesday, but didn’t appear too enthusiastic about the whole ordeal at first.
When Morgan revealed that the gift was a hat similar to the one worn by former United Kingdom leader Winston Churchill, Trump called it “beautiful.”
Before trying it on, Trump told Morgan that “one thing I’ve proved by being a politician—it is my hair” before refusing to name who he thought the “British Trump” would be. The president joked, “I don’t want to destroy anybody’s career.”
But soon the president went along with the bit. Trump eventually tried on the hat, calling it “a little big.”
— Good Morning Britain (@GMB) June 5, 2019
After seeing how he looked in the hat, Trump said simply:
“I think Winston looked much better.”
You can watch all of Trump’s interview with Morgan here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).