- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites 3 Years Ago
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Today 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Today 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Today 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Today 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Today 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Today 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Today 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Today 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Today 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Today 7:56 AM
- The QBaby’s parents are already trying to profit off their kid’s fame Today 7:45 AM
- How do 4DX movies work? Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Terminator 2’s John Connor will return for ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Today 6:41 AM
- What are all these ‘Game of Thrones’ fans supposed to do now? Today 6:00 AM
Donald Trump blasts China for taking U.S. drone, tweets the move was ‘unpresidented’
Somebody show this man how to use spell-check.
China on Thursday took an American underwater drone in the South China Sea, which immediately led to the Pentagon demanding the Chinese return the U.S. property. It was an aggressive move by China, and on Saturday, the country said it was in talks with the U.S. to return the device which apparently was being used for oceanic research.
President-elect Donald Trump weighed in with his thoughts with an early Saturday morning tweet in which he misspelled the word “unprecedented.”
Considering Trump offended the Chinese by taking a congratulatory phone call with Taiwan a few weeks ago, it’s unknown how the Chinese will respond to Trump’s latest Twitter offering. Especially since some believe Thursday’s incident was in response to Trump’s initial communication with Taiwan.
Said Pentagon spokesman Capt. Jeff Davis, via the BBC: “[The drone] is ours. It’s clearly marked as ours. We would like it back, and we would like this not to happen again.”
About 90 minutes after his initial tweet, Trump tweeted out the correct spelling.
China steals United States Navy research drone in international waters – rips it out of water and takes it to China in unprecedented act.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 17, 2016
Update 12:50pm CT: China has announced it will return the drone to the U.S. after making sure the device allowed for the “safe navigation of passing ships.”
Update 12:59pm CT, Dec. 18: Later on Saturday, Trump apparently decided he didn’t even want the drone returned.
We should tell China that we don’t want the drone they stole back.- let them keep it!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 18, 2016
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.