- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else 4 Years Ago
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Today 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
Donald Trump slams Bill Clinton’s ‘sexism’ in spat with Hillary
There’s enough ‘sexism’ to go around.
In a tweet posted on Saturday evening, Trump charged that former President Bill Clinton, whom the leading Democratic presidential candidate recently announced would be joining her on the campaign trail, had a “penchant for sexism.” The claim echoes Clinton’s remarks against Trump.
Hillary Clinton has announced that she is letting her husband out to campaign but HE’S DEMONSTRATED A PENCHANT FOR SEXISM, so inappropriate!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 27, 2015
“She was gonna beat Obama,” Trump said during a rally in Las Vegas. “She was favored to win. And she got schlonged. She lost.”
Clinton hit back at Trump, telling the Des Moines Register that the billionaire businessman had a “penchant for sexism.”
“Nothing really surprises me anymore. I don’t know that he has any boundaries at all,” Clinton said of Trump. “His bigotry, his bluster, his bullying have become his campaign. And he has to keep sort of upping the stakes and going even further.”
“It’s not the first time he’s demonstrated a penchant for sexism,” Clinton added. “Again, I’m not sure anybody’s surprised that he keeps pushing the envelope.”
Trump is far from the first person to accused Bill Clinton of sexism. During his presidency, Clinton paid $850,000 to settle a sexual harassment lawsuit brought forth by Paula Jones. And his infamous sexual encounter with 22-year-old White House employee Monica Lewinsky led to Clinton’s impeachment in 1998.
Charges of sexism have also long followed Trump, who has repeatedly criticized high-profile women, like Rosie O’Donnell and Fox News host Megyn Kelly, with derogatory language during his presidential campaign.
Andrew Couts is the former editor of Layer 8, a section dedicated to the intersection of the Internet and the state—and the gaps in between. Prior to the Daily Dot, Couts served as features editor and features writer for Digital Trends, associate editor of TheWeek.com, and associate editor at Maxim magazine. When he’s not working, Couts can be found hiking with his German shepherds or blasting around on motorcycles.