- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
The author is the same person who wrote an anonymous op-ed in the New York Times last year as a “senior official in the Trump administration” where they claimed they were part of a “resistance” in the Trump administration and that the president “continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.”
The author made the remarks during an “Ask Me Anything” (AMA) on Reddit on Tuesday. The moderators of the subreddit said they were told by the book’s publishers that the person answering questions on Tuesday was the author of A Warning.
During the lengthy discussion—which touched on what to expect if Trump wins in 2020 and whether proceeds of the book will be donated, among other things—the author was asked why they “have so little integrity” and why they will not “come out publicly and speak?”
That’s when the A Warning author declared that Trump will be hearing from them ahead of the 2020 election.
“Trump will hear from me, in my own name, before the 2020 election,” they wrote on Tuesday.
In response to another question, the author said they would reveal their identity in the future.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).