- Anti-impeachment protesters believe ‘deep state’ tried to sabotage rally Today 12:51 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Redskins in Week 7 Today 12:00 PM
- How to stream Cardinals vs. Giants in Week 7 Today 12:00 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Raiders in Week 7 Today 12:00 PM
- How to stream Vikings vs. Lions in Week 7 Today 12:00 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. Falcons in Week 7 Today 12:00 PM
- Billie Eilish fans think they figured out who stole her ring Today 11:32 AM
- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian Today 10:28 AM
- Aaron Paul predicted Jesse Pinkman’s fate on Reddit years ago Today 8:53 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Today 7:00 AM
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream NFL Sunday Ticket without DirecTV Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Arizona State vs. Utah Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Michigan vs. Penn State Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Florida vs. South Carolina Today 4:00 AM
“It is reported that the U.S. Post Office will lose $1.50 on average for each package it delivers for Amazon. That amounts to Billions of Dollars,” the president tweeted, evidently grieved by the idea of postal workers losing money. He also cited a New York Times report that said Amazon’s lobbying staff has “ballooned” and griped that the data didn’t include the Washington Post, “which is used as a ‘lobbyist’ and should so REGISTER.”
While we are on the subject, it is reported that the U.S. Post Office will lose $1.50 on average for each package it delivers for Amazon. That amounts to Billions of Dollars. The Failing N.Y. Times reports that “the size of the company’s lobbying staff has ballooned,” and that...— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 31, 2018
...does not include the Fake Washington Post, which is used as a “lobbyist” and should so REGISTER. If the P.O. “increased its parcel rates, Amazon’s shipping costs would rise by $2.6 Billion.” This Post Office scam must stop. Amazon must pay real costs (and taxes) now!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 31, 2018
Trump has frequently made clear his disdain for the Washington Post—which could partially explain his beef with Amazon, whose founder, Jeff Bezos, owns the paper. Trump finished his tweet with, “If the P.O. ‘increased its parcel rates, Amazon’s shipping costs would rise by $2.6 Billion.’ This Post Office scam must stop. Amazon must pay real costs (and taxes) now!”
Other Twitter users were quick to note the irony of Trump’s demands for a fellow billionaire to pay more taxes.
Tax returns? https://t.co/Qo19grQDcJ— Nicole Perlroth (@nicoleperlroth) March 31, 2018
This isn’t the first time Trump has demanded Amazon pay more taxes. In June 2017, he lambasted the company for “not paying internet taxes,” which don’t actually exist. He also predicted in 2015 that Amazon would “crash” if it “had to pay fair taxes.” That premonition hasn’t quite panned out.
Trump didn’t dwell on the topic for long. Within minutes on Saturday, he shifted gears to tweet angrily about California Gov. Jerry Brown’s pardoning of “5 criminal illegal aliens.”
Bryan Rolli is a reporter who specializes in streaming entertainment. He writes about music and film for Forbes, Billboard, and the Austin American-Statesman. He met Flavor Flav in two separate Las Vegas bowling alleys and still can’t stop talking about it.