- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Friday 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Friday 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Friday 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Friday 7:56 AM
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
The president is very concerned about billionaires paying taxes.
“It is reported that the U.S. Post Office will lose $1.50 on average for each package it delivers for Amazon. That amounts to Billions of Dollars,” the president tweeted, evidently grieved by the idea of postal workers losing money. He also cited a New York Times report that said Amazon’s lobbying staff has “ballooned” and griped that the data didn’t include the Washington Post, “which is used as a ‘lobbyist’ and should so REGISTER.”
While we are on the subject, it is reported that the U.S. Post Office will lose $1.50 on average for each package it delivers for Amazon. That amounts to Billions of Dollars. The Failing N.Y. Times reports that “the size of the company’s lobbying staff has ballooned,” and that...— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 31, 2018
...does not include the Fake Washington Post, which is used as a “lobbyist” and should so REGISTER. If the P.O. “increased its parcel rates, Amazon’s shipping costs would rise by $2.6 Billion.” This Post Office scam must stop. Amazon must pay real costs (and taxes) now!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 31, 2018
Trump has frequently made clear his disdain for the Washington Post—which could partially explain his beef with Amazon, whose founder, Jeff Bezos, owns the paper. Trump finished his tweet with, “If the P.O. ‘increased its parcel rates, Amazon’s shipping costs would rise by $2.6 Billion.’ This Post Office scam must stop. Amazon must pay real costs (and taxes) now!”
Other Twitter users were quick to note the irony of Trump’s demands for a fellow billionaire to pay more taxes.
Tax returns? https://t.co/Qo19grQDcJ— Nicole Perlroth (@nicoleperlroth) March 31, 2018
This isn’t the first time Trump has demanded Amazon pay more taxes. In June 2017, he lambasted the company for “not paying internet taxes,” which don’t actually exist. He also predicted in 2015 that Amazon would “crash” if it “had to pay fair taxes.” That premonition hasn’t quite panned out.
Trump didn’t dwell on the topic for long. Within minutes on Saturday, he shifted gears to tweet angrily about California Gov. Jerry Brown’s pardoning of “5 criminal illegal aliens.”
Bryan Rolli is a reporter who specializes in streaming entertainment. He writes about music and film for Forbes, Billboard, and the Austin American-Statesman. He met Flavor Flav in two separate Las Vegas bowling alleys and still can’t stop talking about it.