- FBI raided millionaire YouTuber’s home, allegedly took everything Thursday 6:55 PM
- A fake Labour party website is spreading disinformation in Britain Thursday 6:16 PM
- Twitter bans cricket club for posting ISIS content in apparent hack Thursday 6:12 PM
- This dad remade his daughter’s NSFW photo—and people are loving it Thursday 5:51 PM
- Teen allegedly posted ‘slave for sale’ Craigslist ad featuring his Black classmate Thursday 5:28 PM
- People are crushed that this teen love story might be a TikTok ‘joke’ Thursday 4:50 PM
- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Thursday 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Thursday 12:43 PM
- Uber says it will audio-record rides to address safety concerns Thursday 12:41 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ writers go in-depth on how they decided which superheroes lived and died Thursday 12:22 PM
- How to watch Duke vs. Cal in the 2K Empire classic Thursday 12:09 PM
- Trump’s impeachment notes get riffed into punk songs Thursday 12:01 PM
- Pete Buttigieg can’t do the Pete Buttigieg dance Thursday 11:55 AM
A month after President Donald Trump pardoned Dinesh D’Souza, the conservative flamethrower retweeted a tweet with the hashtag #burnthejews on Friday. D’Souza later claimed it was accidental—he said he was only sharing a trailer of his new film Death of a Nation— but the internet certainly noticed.
D’Souza wrote, “I did not see the [#burnthejews] hashtag. Just trying to share the trailer on social media.” But another Twitter user noticed he had retweeted another tweet with the hashtag #bringbackslavery.
How about this one? 🤷🏻♀️ it’s fresh and new and after you claim you didn’t see the Jew one...perhaps after that you’d consider being a tad more careful but I guess that gives ur old racist ass a lot of credit you don’t deserve pic.twitter.com/d9fhUyVJb7— . (@southernlib) June 30, 2018
And the internet was outraged but hardly surprised. D’Souza, after all, has defended Hitler, calling him NOT anti-gay, and recently, he mocked the survivors of the Parkland shooting. The internet let him have it.
Tonight in two consecutive tweets we can witness Trump's favorite convicted felon @DineshDSouza tweet a clip of himself explaining on FoxNews how Trump isn't exactly Hitler —— Ryan Adams 🎞️🏳️🌈 (@filmystic) June 30, 2018
— right after D'Souza retweets a tweet that recommends: "burnthejews"
(via @smoobydog) pic.twitter.com/OCl0h9bqOJ
Pardoned or not, you're just a piece of human garbage - and your legacy will reflect that in the history books.— Amy Siskind (@Amy_Siskind) June 30, 2018
I understand the mistake. That hashtag is so commonly used...🙄— Antonio Sanchez (@AntonioDrumsX) June 30, 2018
You know when the “burn the Jews” people like your work you *might* be on the wrong side of history. That said you were pardoned by Donald J Trump, thrice married adulterer who owns the libs by putting babies in jail soooooo— Molly Jong-Fast (@MollyJongFast) June 30, 2018
Dude how could you Nazi that?— Peter Ramsey (@pramsey342) June 30, 2018
Really Dinesh? "#burnthejews"? WTF is wrong with you felon?— Man in Black (@kevinbkelly) June 30, 2018
Even comedian Kathy Griffin got in on the act.
Last month, D’Souza became the fifth person to be pardoned by Trump, who said D’Souza “was treated very unfairly by our government!” Yet, in 2014, D’Souza pleaded guilty to campaign finance fraud after he was caught funneling two $10,000 payments to the Senate campaign of a friend who was running in New York.
More from the Daily Dot:
In doing so he had violated the Federal Election Campaign Act, which limited individual citizen donations to any one political candidate at $5,000. During his trial, he admitted that he was fully aware that what he was doing was illegal and was sentenced to five years of probation. He was also required to pay a $30,000 fine and perform community service.
D’Souza also once called President Barack Obama a “boy” from the “ghetto,” and he called civil rights hero Rosa Parks an “overrated Democrat,” writing, “So Rosa Parks wouldn’t sit in the back of the bus—that’s all she did, so what’s the big fuss?”
In his new film, D’Souza reportedly compares Trump to Abraham Lincoln.
As for the outrage to his retweet, D’Souza blamed “the leftists.”
H/T Law & Crime
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.