- Report: Disney yanks YouTube ad spending following child exploitation accusations Wednesday 7:56 PM
- These people are organizing Fyre Fest live-action role-play parties Wednesday 6:35 PM
- White woman berates Mexican restaurant manager for speaking Spanish Wednesday 4:12 PM
- In Pixar short ‘Kitbull,’ a cat and pit bull become unlikely friends Wednesday 3:48 PM
- Stop exploiting the Jussie Smollett case to discredit LGBTQ hate crime victims Wednesday 3:28 PM
- The best Netflix original movies of 2019 Wednesday 3:20 PM
- Pinterest is reportedly blocking vaccination searches Wednesday 2:53 PM
- Nike’s self-lacing smart sneakers malfunction days after release Wednesday 2:50 PM
- How to quickly get the Havoc weapon in Apex Legends Wednesday 2:48 PM
- The truth behind the anti-LGBTQ emoji controversy Wednesday 1:37 PM
- Tristan Thompson disables Instagram comments after reports he cheated on Khloe Kardashian Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Introducing ‘boner culture,’ this Gamergate blogger’s latest cause Wednesday 11:16 AM
- HBO debuts trailer for controversial Michael Jackson doc ‘Leaving Neverland’ Wednesday 10:46 AM
- Christian woman refuses to do taxes for lesbian married couple Wednesday 10:43 AM
- Political campaigns will be snooping on your phones in 2020 Wednesday 10:43 AM
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
A month after President Donald Trump pardoned Dinesh D’Souza, the conservative flamethrower retweeted a tweet with the hashtag #burnthejews on Friday. D’Souza later claimed it was accidental—he said he was only sharing a trailer of his new film Death of a Nation— but the internet certainly noticed.
— smoobydog (@smoobydog) June 30, 2018
D’Souza wrote, “I did not see the [#burnthejews] hashtag. Just trying to share the trailer on social media.” But another Twitter user noticed he had retweeted another tweet with the hashtag #bringbackslavery.
How about this one? 🤷🏻♀️ it’s fresh and new and after you claim you didn’t see the Jew one…perhaps after that you’d consider being a tad more careful but I guess that gives ur old racist ass a lot of credit you don’t deserve pic.twitter.com/d9fhUyVJb7
— . (@southernlib) June 30, 2018
And the internet was outraged but hardly surprised. D’Souza, after all, has defended Hitler, calling him NOT anti-gay, and recently, he mocked the survivors of the Parkland shooting. The internet let him have it.
Tonight in two consecutive tweets we can witness Trump's favorite convicted felon @DineshDSouza tweet a clip of himself explaining on FoxNews how Trump isn't exactly Hitler —
— right after D'Souza retweets a tweet that recommends: "burnthejews"
— Ryan Adams 🌊 (@filmystic) June 30, 2018
Pardoned or not, you're just a piece of human garbage – and your legacy will reflect that in the history books.
— Amy Siskind (@Amy_Siskind) June 30, 2018
I understand the mistake. That hashtag is so commonly used…🙄
— Antonio Sanchez (@AntonioDrumsX) June 30, 2018
You know when the “burn the Jews” people like your work you *might* be on the wrong side of history. That said you were pardoned by Donald J Trump, thrice married adulterer who owns the libs by putting babies in jail soooooo
— Molly Jong-Fast (@MollyJongFast) June 30, 2018
Dude how could you Nazi that?
— Peter Ramsey (@pramsey342) June 30, 2018
Really Dinesh? "#burnthejews"? WTF is wrong with you felon?
— Man in Black (@kevinbkelly) June 30, 2018
Even comedian Kathy Griffin got in on the act.
— Kathy Griffin (@kathygriffin) June 30, 2018
Last month, D’Souza became the fifth person to be pardoned by Trump, who said D’Souza “was treated very unfairly by our government!” Yet, in 2014, D’Souza pleaded guilty to campaign finance fraud after he was caught funneling two $10,000 payments to the Senate campaign of a friend who was running in New York.
More from the Daily Dot:
In doing so he had violated the Federal Election Campaign Act, which limited individual citizen donations to any one political candidate at $5,000. During his trial, he admitted that he was fully aware that what he was doing was illegal and was sentenced to five years of probation. He was also required to pay a $30,000 fine and perform community service.
D’Souza also once called President Barack Obama a “boy” from the “ghetto,” and he called civil rights hero Rosa Parks an “overrated Democrat,” writing, “So Rosa Parks wouldn’t sit in the back of the bus—that’s all she did, so what’s the big fuss?”
In his new film, D’Souza reportedly compares Trump to Abraham Lincoln.
As for the outrage to his retweet, D’Souza blamed “the leftists.”
— Dinesh D'Souza (@DineshDSouza) July 1, 2018
H/T Law & Crime
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.