- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
This isn’t the first time that Nunes has mentioned Democrats hoping to get their hands on nude photos of the president. The passing mention on Wednesday came as Nunes—a staunch defender of the president—was criticizing Democrats and the “corrupt media” for having a “three-year-long operation” to “overturn the results of the 2016 election.”
“We should forget about them reading fabrications of Trump-Russia collusion from the Steele dossier into the congressional record. We should also forget about them trying to obtain nude pictures of Trump from Russian pranksters who pretended to be Ukrainian officials,” Nunes, the ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee, said.
Devin Nunes is talking about Trump nudes again pic.twitter.com/spvSYF55pu— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) November 13, 2019
In September, Nunes also brought up “nude pictures of Trump” at a hearing regarding a whistleblower complaint that sparked the impeachment inquiry into Trump which led to Wednesday’s public hearing.
“Democrats on this very committee negotiated with people who they thought were Ukrainians in order to obtain nude pictures of Trump,” Nunes said, according to HuffPost. “People can reasonably ask why the Democrats are so determined to impeach this president when in just a year, they will have a chance.”
Nunes’ comments on Wednesday seem to be referring to Russian pranksters who posed as members of Ukraine’s parliament and called Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), the chair of the House Intelligence Committee, in 2017 claiming that there were “pictures of naked Trump,” according to the Atlantic.
A spokesperson for Schiff told the news outlet that they informed the “appropriate law-enforcement” about the call because they believed it was “probably bogus.”
Nunes bringing up the “nude pictures of Trump” wasn’t lost by people online.
Ok, who had Devin Nunes citing "nude pictures of Trump" on their impeachment bingo card?— Michael Freeman (@michaelpfreeman) November 13, 2019
Sorry I was in the middle of that tweet and I heard Devin Nunes say the words "nude photos of Donald Trump" and I think I might've blacked out for a few minutes— Drew Broussard (@drewsof) November 13, 2019
Nobody:— Bryan Harnsberger, Psy.D (@PSYCH_HYPE) November 13, 2019
Absolutely no one:
Not a single soul:
Devin Nunes: WHERE ARE THE TRUMP NUDES????!?
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).