- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Today 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Today 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Today 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Today 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Today 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Today 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Today 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Today 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Today 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Today 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Today 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Today 10:34 AM
- Did Martha McSally plan her ‘liberal hack’ viral moment? Today 10:32 AM
- Trump adds Jeffrey Epstein’s old attorney to impeachment team Today 10:03 AM
- YouTube star Cameron Dallas gets scathing reviews for his Broadway debut Today 9:58 AM
This isn’t the first time that Nunes has mentioned Democrats hoping to get their hands on nude photos of the president. The passing mention on Wednesday came as Nunes—a staunch defender of the president—was criticizing Democrats and the “corrupt media” for having a “three-year-long operation” to “overturn the results of the 2016 election.”
“We should forget about them reading fabrications of Trump-Russia collusion from the Steele dossier into the congressional record. We should also forget about them trying to obtain nude pictures of Trump from Russian pranksters who pretended to be Ukrainian officials,” Nunes, the ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee, said.
Devin Nunes is talking about Trump nudes again pic.twitter.com/spvSYF55pu— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) November 13, 2019
In September, Nunes also brought up “nude pictures of Trump” at a hearing regarding a whistleblower complaint that sparked the impeachment inquiry into Trump which led to Wednesday’s public hearing.
“Democrats on this very committee negotiated with people who they thought were Ukrainians in order to obtain nude pictures of Trump,” Nunes said, according to HuffPost. “People can reasonably ask why the Democrats are so determined to impeach this president when in just a year, they will have a chance.”
Nunes’ comments on Wednesday seem to be referring to Russian pranksters who posed as members of Ukraine’s parliament and called Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), the chair of the House Intelligence Committee, in 2017 claiming that there were “pictures of naked Trump,” according to the Atlantic.
A spokesperson for Schiff told the news outlet that they informed the “appropriate law-enforcement” about the call because they believed it was “probably bogus.”
Nunes bringing up the “nude pictures of Trump” wasn’t lost by people online.
Ok, who had Devin Nunes citing "nude pictures of Trump" on their impeachment bingo card?— Michael Freeman (@michaelpfreeman) November 13, 2019
Sorry I was in the middle of that tweet and I heard Devin Nunes say the words "nude photos of Donald Trump" and I think I might've blacked out for a few minutes— Drew Broussard (@drewsof) November 13, 2019
Nobody:— Bryan Harnsberger, Psy.D (@PSYCH_HYPE) November 13, 2019
Absolutely no one:
Not a single soul:
Devin Nunes: WHERE ARE THE TRUMP NUDES????!?
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).