- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford Friday 9:00 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar Friday 6:00 PM
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC Friday 6:00 PM
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Friday 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Friday 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Friday 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Friday 2:00 PM
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Friday 1:42 PM
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Friday 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Friday 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Friday 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Friday 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Friday 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Friday 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Friday 10:52 AM
After losing the Virginia primary for governor in 2017, where he ran on a pro-Confederacy platform, Stewart tried his hand at challenging Kaine, Virginia’s popular incumbent senator. His campaign was beset by concerns that it was cozy with racists and mocked for Stewart’s obsession with trying to paint Kaine as a member of antifa.
When pictures of Stewart’s election night celebration party were posted moments before his race was declared over, people on Twitter pounced.
Hello from the Corey Stewart election night party at the Harbour Grill pic.twitter.com/l2RmDcnUVN— william steakin (@wsteaks) November 6, 2018
"Separate checks, please." https://t.co/vtI4NpzPWI— Hunter (@HunterDK) November 7, 2018
Oof. But that white supremacist deserves it. https://t.co/YpX9acZWm7— Markos Moulitsas (@markos) November 7, 2018
This is gold. Pure, unadulterated, gold. https://t.co/P1sCRlEhMr— Evan Brown (@Baman2113) November 7, 2018
A thread of defeat. https://t.co/4TjJzjHv4I— kristen g ⭐️ 208A1🌲, ⭐️⭐️ 210A4🌹 (@nomadpdx) November 7, 2018
wild to see the confederacy still taking Ls in the year of our lord 2018 https://t.co/dJbCDBuM4I— Jay Willis (@jaywillis) November 7, 2018
According to William Steakin, a reporter with the Independent Journal Review, the election party was unable to change the channel at the bar, which was playing coverage of the midterms by a very liberal site called The Young Turks.
annnnnd the staff has given up, @TheYoungTurks is the leading coverage here at Corey Stewart’s election party.— william steakin (@wsteaks) November 7, 2018
I think word is getting around that the race has been called. Someone just said, “Fuck Kaine, I hate that guy,” while @cenkuygur blares in the background. pic.twitter.com/A3tvwpFhQH
According to Steakin, there was one bright spot: The chicken wings were excellent.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]