- Sean Hannity busted deleting all his old Michael Cohen tweets 9 Months Ago
- Michael Cohen calls working for Trump ‘mental incarceration’ during sentencing Today 12:13 PM
- Germany just experienced an enormous chocolate spill—and it looks absolutely delicious Today 10:58 AM
- A professor asked his students to go viral, and it actually worked Today 10:38 AM
- Family says racist bullying led to 9-year-old’s suicide Today 9:57 AM
- How ‘Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse’ found its eye-popping animation Today 9:15 AM
- Netflix gives Selena Quintanilla the series our queen deserves Today 8:51 AM
- Pence gets meme’d for zen-like looks during Trump’s White House showdown Today 8:50 AM
- Marvel is rebooting the Fantastic Four—with a major twist Today 8:11 AM
- Twitter dunks on conservatives who think Supergirl’s trans character is too ‘woke’ Today 8:09 AM
- Embrace the ’90s with this rad sale on Lisa Frank merch Today 8:04 AM
- ‘Hero Mask’ lacks basic storytelling competence Today 7:00 AM
- How to find your best nine Instagram photos of 2018 before anyone else Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Animal Planet online for free Today 6:00 AM
- White House frames fiery Oval Office meeting as ‘constructive dialogue’ Tuesday 5:45 PM
Congresswoman who said most mass shooters are ‘Democrats’ walks away from interview
The GOP congresswoman who last month said “so many” mass shooters “end up being Democrats” walked away from a reporter asking about her claims on Monday.
Rep. Claudia Tenney (R-N.Y.) criticized the government during a February interview with WGDJ in the wake of the Parkland, Florida, school shooting. She said if action had been taken on several tips, the deaths of 17 people might have been prevented. She also said that following the shooting, legal gun owners would be “targeted.”
“It’s interesting that so many of these people that commit the mass murders end up being Democrats. But the media doesn’t talk about that either,” Tenney said at the time.
A Snopes fact check found that a list often shared online to show that mass shooters are more likely to be Democrats is “based on faulty, inaccurate, and unsubstantiated claims.”
During a TV interview posted to YouTube on Monday, Tenney blasted the “abhorrent behavior of the media” and “Democrats… who exploit” school shootings to push gun control laws.
“I’m telling the truth,” Tenney said. “It isn’t just Republicans who commit all these terrible crimes. … All I’m saying is everybody is guilty equally.”
As a reporter again pressed her on her comments, Tenney walked away.
“It is fake news. I answered your question every which way, it is fake news,” she said. “Bye. Done. It’s ridiculous.”
H/T Huffington Post
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.