- How to stream UFC Fight Night 145 in Prague for free 7 Months Ago
- R. Kelly charged in Chicago with multiple counts of sex abuse Friday 7:51 PM
- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
- Amy Klobuchar reportedly ate salad with a comb, and Twitter’s got questions Friday 2:47 PM
- Nobody likes Spotify’s new update Friday 2:34 PM
- Student assaulted on campus while tabling for right-wing group Friday 1:56 PM
- Kim Kardashian West sues fashion company for using her likeness to sell clothes Friday 1:12 PM
- The Oscar-nominated movies you’ll actually want to watch again Friday 12:56 PM
- Viral graphic shows the moment Apple became the top brand Friday 12:27 PM
- Jake Paul calls out KSI for a YouTube boxing match Friday 11:31 AM
- This elementary school made students play ‘runaway slave’ Friday 11:20 AM
- ‘Captain Marvel’ is already a box office hit Friday 11:06 AM
- This ‘buff bunny vs. small bunny’ meme is here for when you’re feeling inferior Friday 10:53 AM
Michael Cohen reportedly recorded conversation with Trump about payments to Playboy model
President Donald Trump‘s former longtime lawyer Michael Cohen secretly recorded a conversation where the two of them discussed payments to be made to a former Playboy model who claimed she had an affair with the now-president, according to a new report.
The New York Times reports that the conversation between Trump and Cohen took place two months before the 2016 presidential election. The recording was taken by the FBI as part of its raid of Cohen’s office earlier this year.
The interest in the tapes, according to the Times, is to determine if federal campaign finance laws were violated.
Karen McDougal, the former Playboy model at the center of the conversation, is said to have had an affair with Trump around 2006 and 2007, two years after the then-businessman had married Melania Trump.
In April, it was reported that federal authorities were looking for information about Trump’s alleged affair with McDougal during the Cohen raid.
McDougal was the at the heart of a New Yorker report that detailed how she tried to sell her story to the National Enquirer ahead of the 2016 election, but the organization decided not to run it.
This is not the only alleged affair to come to light regarding Trump. Stormy Daniels, the adult film actress, has publicly talked about her affair with the now-president in a number of interviews. She was paid $130,000 by Cohen in the lead-up to the election to stay silent.
You can read all of the New York Times report here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).