- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter 1 Year Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers 1 Year Ago
- Facebook is finally rolling out its clear history tool 1 Year Ago
- ‘Theater etiquette’ tweets surge after YouTuber cast in ‘Waitress’ Today 12:55 PM
- A GoFundMe for Eric Garner’s killer has raised more than $70,000 Today 12:49 PM
- YouTuber finds GoPro footage of man who drowned in 2017 Today 12:20 PM
- Netflix’s ’45 rpm’ is as tired as the boomer rock era it tries to honor Today 11:38 AM
- Teen arrested for threatening to ‘slaughter’ abortion clinic on iFunny Today 11:29 AM
- How to stream the LA Galaxy vs. Cruz Azul Leagues Cup semifinal match Today 11:10 AM
- Going broke over the App Store? Here’s how to turn off in-app purchases Today 10:49 AM
- Jill Biden says even if you don’t like Joe Biden, you need to vote for Joe Biden Today 10:43 AM
- Report on ideal thermostat temperature brings out the dad jokes Today 10:28 AM
- Edited videos of Portland protests are telling half-truths Today 10:20 AM
- Netflix debuts upcoming releases section on the Netflix TV app Today 9:29 AM
- Marianne Williams announces plan for a Department of Peace Today 8:53 AM
President Donald Trump‘s former longtime lawyer Michael Cohen secretly recorded a conversation where the two of them discussed payments to be made to a former Playboy model who claimed she had an affair with the now-president, according to a new report.
The New York Times reports that the conversation between Trump and Cohen took place two months before the 2016 presidential election. The recording was taken by the FBI as part of its raid of Cohen’s office earlier this year.
The interest in the tapes, according to the Times, is to determine if federal campaign finance laws were violated.
Karen McDougal, the former Playboy model at the center of the conversation, is said to have had an affair with Trump around 2006 and 2007, two years after the then-businessman had married Melania Trump.
In April, it was reported that federal authorities were looking for information about Trump’s alleged affair with McDougal during the Cohen raid.
McDougal was the at the heart of a New Yorker report that detailed how she tried to sell her story to the National Enquirer ahead of the 2016 election, but the organization decided not to run it.
This is not the only alleged affair to come to light regarding Trump. Stormy Daniels, the adult film actress, has publicly talked about her affair with the now-president in a number of interviews. She was paid $130,000 by Cohen in the lead-up to the election to stay silent.
You can read all of the New York Times report here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).