- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ just obliterated every stupid argument about its place in canon 9 Months Ago
- ‘Game of Thrones’ brings us lots of horny Tormund memes Today 8:46 AM
- 12 adult toys sex bloggers swear by Today 8:45 AM
- Howard Schultz mocked for ‘majority of Americans are Americans’ ad Today 8:35 AM
- The ultimate guide to strap-ons Today 8:00 AM
- Why ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ is my favorite Marvel movie Today 7:59 AM
- The quick and dirty guide to buying your first vibrator Today 7:45 AM
- How to watch ‘Live Rescue’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Roger Stone to speak at Virginia strip club Today 6:56 AM
- Trans/Sex: Solid sex toy picks for pre-op and non-op trans women Today 6:30 AM
- Why Barrett Brown burned his National Magazine Award—and what he’s planning next Today 6:30 AM
- That heartbreaking ‘Game of Thrones’ song has key ties to the book Today 6:27 AM
- Here are the 11 best health documentaries on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- How to add people to Google Home Today 6:00 AM
- How to play Fortnite on Mac Today 5:30 AM
Michael Cohen reportedly recorded conversation with Trump about payments to Playboy model
President Donald Trump‘s former longtime lawyer Michael Cohen secretly recorded a conversation where the two of them discussed payments to be made to a former Playboy model who claimed she had an affair with the now-president, according to a new report.
The New York Times reports that the conversation between Trump and Cohen took place two months before the 2016 presidential election. The recording was taken by the FBI as part of its raid of Cohen’s office earlier this year.
The interest in the tapes, according to the Times, is to determine if federal campaign finance laws were violated.
Karen McDougal, the former Playboy model at the center of the conversation, is said to have had an affair with Trump around 2006 and 2007, two years after the then-businessman had married Melania Trump.
In April, it was reported that federal authorities were looking for information about Trump’s alleged affair with McDougal during the Cohen raid.
McDougal was the at the heart of a New Yorker report that detailed how she tried to sell her story to the National Enquirer ahead of the 2016 election, but the organization decided not to run it.
This is not the only alleged affair to come to light regarding Trump. Stormy Daniels, the adult film actress, has publicly talked about her affair with the now-president in a number of interviews. She was paid $130,000 by Cohen in the lead-up to the election to stay silent.
You can read all of the New York Times report here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).