- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Saturday 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Saturday 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
President Donald Trump‘s former longtime lawyer Michael Cohen secretly recorded a conversation where the two of them discussed payments to be made to a former Playboy model who claimed she had an affair with the now-president, according to a new report.
The New York Times reports that the conversation between Trump and Cohen took place two months before the 2016 presidential election. The recording was taken by the FBI as part of its raid of Cohen’s office earlier this year.
The interest in the tapes, according to the Times, is to determine if federal campaign finance laws were violated.
Karen McDougal, the former Playboy model at the center of the conversation, is said to have had an affair with Trump around 2006 and 2007, two years after the then-businessman had married Melania Trump.
In April, it was reported that federal authorities were looking for information about Trump’s alleged affair with McDougal during the Cohen raid.
McDougal was the at the heart of a New Yorker report that detailed how she tried to sell her story to the National Enquirer ahead of the 2016 election, but the organization decided not to run it.
This is not the only alleged affair to come to light regarding Trump. Stormy Daniels, the adult film actress, has publicly talked about her affair with the now-president in a number of interviews. She was paid $130,000 by Cohen in the lead-up to the election to stay silent.
You can read all of the New York Times report here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).