- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Sunday 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Sunday 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Sunday 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
Cohen pled guilty on Thursday for lying to Congress as part of its investigation. However, within Cohen’s plea agreement, the criminal information document repeatedly mentions “Individual 1,” who—by using very basic context clues—is almost assuredly now-President Trump.
“Individual 1” is, as the document points out, who Cohen worked for at a Manhattan-based real estate company. The document also says that Cohen worked on behalf of “Individual 1” in trying to secure a real-estate project in Russia during 2016 (and lying about it to Congress.)
It also references “Individual 1” in the context of winning the nomination ahead of the 2016 election.
In the wake of the plea agreement, Trump called Cohen a “weak person” and accused him of lying about it to get a better sentence. Cohen is now expected to cooperate with Mueller’s probe. The president and his former lawyer have had a falling out in recent months.
With “Individual 1” appearing so frequently, and obviously being Trump, Twitter began mockingly referring to the president by the new moniker on Thursday afternoon.
Awaiting possible comments from Individual-1 before he leaves the White House for the G-20 pic.twitter.com/ooA43D2rom— Jordan Fabian (@Jordanfabian) November 29, 2018
"Individual 1" is going to be a great title for the eventual docudrama limited series on this period in American History https://t.co/VjuH3IFHZY— Dan Pfeiffer (@danpfeiffer) November 29, 2018
All of which casts Individual-1’s wild tweets this week about Mueller in a specific context. Not to mention Individual-1’s dangling of a pardon for Manafort. https://t.co/7crfeHxNwF— Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) November 29, 2018
Live look at the WH and Individual 1 pic.twitter.com/N4Pbl86i9E— The Libyan (@NoDaysOff85) November 29, 2018
Individual 1's running... pic.twitter.com/hzn4Z59yvI— The Smoking Gun (@tsgnews) November 29, 2018
The Official Seal of Individual-1 pic.twitter.com/gKGiL39XpR— ElElegante101 (@skolanach) November 29, 2018
Live look at Individual 1 speaking to the press following Michael Cohen's plea deal pic.twitter.com/wJ6wvtN8wX— Marie Connor (@thistallawkgirl) November 29, 2018
Live from Individual 1 Field... pic.twitter.com/wzN14CmrqO— Jeffrey Wright (@jfreewright) November 29, 2018
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).