- #ICEBae is reportedly a Democrat–and she has some things to get off her chest Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Fans are stoked that Taika Waititi is back to direct ‘Thor 4’ Tuesday 7:22 PM
- Sacha Baron Cohen thanks ‘co-stars’ Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin for making Emmy nominations possible Tuesday 6:43 PM
- Roger Stone barred from posting on all social media platforms Tuesday 6:03 PM
- The FaceApp challenge shows you how gracefully you’ll age Tuesday 5:16 PM
- Kylie Jenner opens up about her mental health in candid Instagram post Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Fans speculate wildly about Naomi Watts’ ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel role after leaked set photo Tuesday 3:54 PM
- New Jersey congressman joins House Democrats ‘Squad’ because of an Onion article Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy Tuesday 1:54 PM
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him Tuesday 1:37 PM
- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console Tuesday 1:09 PM
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor Tuesday 1:01 PM
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations Tuesday 12:19 PM
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Tuesday 12:02 PM
Hillary Clinton trolls Chris Christie on Snapchat showing the two sharing a warm moment together
Imagine Hillary Clinton sipping tea before sharing these snaps.
At the Republican National Convention this week, insults and threats toward presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton are flying left and right, including linking the former secretary of state to Lucifer. A number of criticisms were lobbed her way during New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie‘s convention speech on Tuesday night.
“Tonight, as a former federal prosecutor, I welcome the opportunity to hold [Clinton] accountable for her performance and her character,” Christie said. Throughout his speech, the crowd broke into chants of “Lock her up.”
In a quick response to Christie’s remarks, Clinton’s campaign shared a snap Wednesday of an amicable meeting between her and Christie earlier this year. CNN’s political producer Dan Merica shared a recording of the Snapchat story on Twitter.
In the video, Christie can be heard saying, “All I do is hug Democrats, you know that, it gets me in trouble all the time.” In a following clip, he said, “Tell the President I said hi … Good luck out there.”
Christie, who at one point was considered a strong contender to become Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump‘s vice presidential pick, said he was speaking at the RNC not just as governor but as a friend of the businessman for the past 14 years. He dragged Clinton for her “dismal record as Secretary of State.”
But Clinton, clearly, was prepared with the receipts.
Selena Larson is a technology reporter based in San Francisco who writes about the intersection of technology and culture. Her work explores new technologies and the way they impact industries, human behavior, and security and privacy. Since leaving the Daily Dot, she's reported for CNN Money and done technical writing for cybersecurity firm Dragos.