- Apple warns coronavirus expected to cause iPhone ‘supply shortages’ Monday 7:59 PM
- Will ‘The Bachelor’ end without an engagement? Monday 7:44 PM
- This ‘Little Women’ scene just became a meme Monday 7:03 PM
- Playable version of Blizzard’s ‘StarCraft: Ghost’ leaks online nearly 15 years after cancelation Monday 6:31 PM
- This Twitter extension can block unsolicited nudes from your inbox Monday 6:01 PM
- Jeffree Star wears cornrows after being accused of cultural appropriation Monday 4:49 PM
- Jeff Bezos says he’ll commit $10 billion to combat climate change Monday 4:18 PM
- A TikTok user went on a mission to turn his urine blue by chugging food coloring Monday 3:55 PM
- YouTuber’s vacation in ‘Bali’ was actually staged at Ikea Monday 3:14 PM
- Video shows liquor store manager calling employee ‘f*cking worthless’ Monday 1:16 PM
- Instagram influencer scams followers out of $1.5 million Monday 12:22 PM
- Why did the Israeli military tweet this thirst trap? Monday 10:43 AM
- Jake Paul wants you to have financial freedom… by paying him a monthly fee Monday 10:40 AM
- Tweets from Sanders supporters are terrifying the establishment Monday 10:15 AM
- Zuckerberg says he supports 1 bill in Congress that would regulate Facebook Monday 10:11 AM
A new memo has detailed the nature of the fundraising agreement between the Hillary For America campaign and the Democratic National Committee, the “collusion” into which President Donald Trump has demanded a full criminal investigation.
The deal, made in August 2015, allowed former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton‘s campaign to give input on hiring and spending decisions within the DNC. In exchange, the campaign would pay $1.2 million, subsequent monthly allowances, and other funds to alleviate debt the DNC incurred during former President Barack Obama‘s 2012 reelection campaign.
According to NBC News, the organization obtained a memorandum of understanding from Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook to DNC CEO Amy Dacey. The memo states that the deal was only related to preparations made for the general election and not the primary elections. The memo also stated similar deals could be made with other candidates.
The agreement was signed on Aug. 26, 2015, months before the party primaries, and it required the DNC to hire a Clinton-approved communications director by Sept. 11 of that year.
“Nothing in this agreement shall be construed to violate the DNC’s obligation of impartiality and neutrality through the Nominating process. All activities performed under this agreement will be focused exclusively on preparations for the General Election and not the Democratic Primary,” the memo reads. “Further we understand you may enter into similar agreements with other candidates.”
The memo comes just days after former DNC interim chair Donna Brazile alleged that Clinton unethically influenced the DNC with the arrangement and subsequently blocked Bernie Sanders from earning the nomination. The deal was first reported in February 2016. Sanders’ campaign also later signed a fundraising agreement with the DNC but did not use it.
H/T NBC News
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.