- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs 4 Years Ago
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue 4 Years Ago
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Today 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Today 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Today 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Today 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Today 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Today 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Today 8:16 AM
- Studio Ghibli films are coming to Netflix—but not for Americans Today 8:13 AM
- Brad Pitt clutching Jennifer Aniston’s hand sparks all the rumors Today 7:47 AM
- The man who sold shares of himself on the internet Today 7:00 AM
- The rise of the conservative ‘mancast’ in a world of changing masculinity Today 6:00 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Troop Zero’ gives the underdog movie a stylized re-do Today 4:20 AM
- No, the first words of Trump’s tweets don’t match up to lyrics of ‘Break My Stride’ Sunday 10:28 PM
13-year-old takes Obama to task over Ahmed Mohamed’s White House invite
‘He’s a Muslim kid, he fits into your agenda.’
Burgeoning Facebook pundit C.J. Pearson is a self-branded Republican who harbors Ted Cruz-esque libertarian principles. As an African-American 13-year-old, his homemade hot takes have resonated strongly across conservative media—heralded as clear-headed common sense.
But never quite like this.
On Thursday Pearson tore into President Obama for inviting fellow middle-schooler Ahmed Mohamed to the White House. Mohamed was suspended this week for bringing a homemade clock to school that was feared to be a bomb.
In short, Pearson criticized Obama for prioritizing Mohamed over what he sees as more-pressing national concerns, most notably showing a lack of public concern over an alleged “war on cops.”
“What is this world that you’re living in?” Pearson asked. “Mr. President, what are your priorities here? …He’s a Muslim kid, he fits into your agenda.”
He continued: “I think you’re incompetent and I think you don’t understand reality… You don’t get invited to the White House for building a clock.”
Pearson goes on to pin the murder of police officers on Obama because of his perceived sympathy toward the #BlackLivesMatter protest movement.
Kid President, you’ve met your match.
Screengrab via CJ Pearson/Facebook
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.