- The weirdest movie at the Oscars is ‘Border’ 3 Months Ago
- Did Elon Musk just host PewDiePie’s meme review? 3 Months Ago
- Loona stans take over Twitter with praise for the ‘Butterfly’ video Today 7:31 AM
- ‘Yucatán’ is a caper comedy that’s long on cons but short on laughs Today 7:00 AM
- The best memes of 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- Audrey Kitching is a Myspace queen turned energy healer. Critics say she’s also a fraud Today 6:30 AM
- The best new movies on Showtime Today 6:00 AM
- ‘Aquaman 2’ is already in the works—and it’s going to huge Today 5:30 AM
- The comics guide to ‘The Umbrella Academy’ Today 5:00 AM
- Lightsaber dueling is now an official sport Monday 9:39 PM
- ‘Fake plane challenge’ takes off on TikTok Monday 8:15 PM
- Video meme of a mom dancing with her kids goes viral—again Monday 7:26 PM
- ‘Due to personal reasons’ meme enables questionable behavior Monday 3:36 PM
- Why do white rappers write lyrics about being good hypothetical dads? Monday 3:29 PM
- Roger Stone posts, then deletes, Instagram of his judge with small crosshairs next to her Monday 2:32 PM
Podcast: A harrowing story from the frontlines of America’s border.
On today’s pod, the crew talks with Christine Bolaños about her story regarding Melvin Griselda Cruz-Lopez, a mother trying to see her daughter again while being held in an immigrant detention center in Texas.
The story, which you can check out here, is gripping and heart-breaking as it details the struggle Griselda has faced in trying to see her daughter, Samantha, and her case for asylum.
Bolaños tells the team about the process of writing the story, tackling such sensitive matters, and more.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).