- We now probably know the final runtime for ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Monday 11:06 PM
- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Monday 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Monday 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Monday 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Monday 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Monday 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Monday 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Monday 10:35 AM
Carl Bernstein says Fox News is covering up Trump’s Russia scandal
The Watergate reporter does not mince words.
Carl Bernstein, one-half of the infamous Washington Post duo who helped bring down President Richard Nixon, said Fox News is abetting a cover-up in regards to Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.
Berstein’s stern words for the network happened on CNN’s Reliable Sources with Brian Stetler, in response to a segment by Fox’s Judge Jeanine Pirro, who said that people in the FBI needed to be led out of the building in handcuffs.
"There is a cleansing needed in our FBI and department of justice– it needs to be cleansed of individuals who should not just be fired. But who need to be taken out in cuffs." My #OpeningStatement pic.twitter.com/rhebkWev6R
— Jeanine Pirro (@JudgeJeanine) December 10, 2017
“[Fox’s behavior] abets a cover-up,” Bernstein said in response to the clip. “Because there is a cover-up going on in the White House and among President Donald Trump’s aides and former aides relating to the investigations. We don’t know what the cover-up is about, whether it constitutes an obstruction of justice or a criminal conspiracy at this point.”
There has been a large push as of late by Republicans—as arrests, charges, and convictions in the probe have begun—to throw any accusation at Mueller in hopes to discredit him. In the segment, Bernstein talked about how Republicans were truly the heroes of Watergate, coming around to speak out and support impeaching a corrupt president, but that he does not see that happening here.
Fox News—which the president watches—has often been accused of ignoring the Mueller investigation. When former campaign manager Paul Manafort turned himself in, Fox & Friends was covering Google’s cheeseburger emoji controversy.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]