- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ 1 Year Ago
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October 1 Year Ago
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Today 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Today 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Today 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Today 7:56 AM
- The QBaby’s parents are already trying to profit off their kid’s fame Today 7:45 AM
- How do 4DX movies work? Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Terminator 2’s John Connor will return for ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Today 6:41 AM
- What are all these ‘Game of Thrones’ fans supposed to do now? Today 6:00 AM
- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out Thursday 7:59 PM
- Bella Thorne claims Tana Mongeau ‘broke girl code’ in a series of messy tweets Thursday 7:00 PM
- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Thursday 5:20 PM
- Professor writes article defending ‘Asian romantic preference’—and no one is here for it Thursday 4:57 PM
- Ditch Pornhub and support adult content creators instead Thursday 4:46 PM
Cardi B wants to know how the government is spending her taxes
She doesn’t hold back.
Cardi B is not happy about paying taxes and posted a video on Instagram on Thursday demanding to know what the government is doing with her money.
“So you know the government is taking 40 percent of my taxes and Uncle Sam, I want to fucking know what you’re doing with my fucking tax money!” the Bronx rapper’s rant begins.
“I’m from New York and the streets is always dirty, we was voted the dirtiest city in America,” Cardi B said of her hometown. “There’s still rats in the trains.”
Cardi shot to success in the last year after the release of her debut single Bodak Yellow through Atlantic records in February 2017. Since then she has collaborated with Bruno Mars and knocked Taylor Swift off the top spot on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
In just two years her net worth has grown to an estimated $4 million. At a tax rate of 40 percent, the government will have taken nearly $2 million.
As the video runs on, Cardi compares taxes to charitable donations and requests an itemized receipt of how the funds are being used. She wants answers and is holding nothing back.
“When you donate, like, to a kid from a foreign country, they give you updates of what they’re doing with your donation,” she continues. “I want updates on my tax money!”
“What is you doing with my fucking money? I want to know, I want receipts, I want everything… Uncle Sam I want to know what the fuck you’re doing with my fucking money!”
Whether the Treasury Department will issue a response remains to be seen.
David Gilmour is a reporter who specializes in national politics, internet culture, and technology. He previously covered civil liberties, crime, and politics for Vice.