- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Ravens in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- Are TikTok teens throwing up gang signs in their videos? Saturday 2:45 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters believe ‘deep state’ tried to sabotage rally Saturday 12:51 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Redskins in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Cardinals vs. Giants in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Raiders in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Vikings vs. Lions in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. Falcons in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- Billie Eilish fans think they figured out who stole her ring Saturday 11:32 AM
- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian Saturday 10:28 AM
- Aaron Paul predicted Jesse Pinkman’s fate on Reddit years ago Saturday 8:53 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Saturday 7:00 AM
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Saturday 6:30 AM
Cardi B is not happy about paying taxes and posted a video on Instagram on Thursday demanding to know what the government is doing with her money.
“So you know the government is taking 40 percent of my taxes and Uncle Sam, I want to fucking know what you’re doing with my fucking tax money!” the Bronx rapper’s rant begins.
“I’m from New York and the streets is always dirty, we was voted the dirtiest city in America,” Cardi B said of her hometown. “There’s still rats in the trains.”
Cardi shot to success in the last year after the release of her debut single Bodak Yellow through Atlantic records in February 2017. Since then she has collaborated with Bruno Mars and knocked Taylor Swift off the top spot on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
In just two years her net worth has grown to an estimated $4 million. At a tax rate of 40 percent, the government will have taken nearly $2 million.
As the video runs on, Cardi compares taxes to charitable donations and requests an itemized receipt of how the funds are being used. She wants answers and is holding nothing back.
“When you donate, like, to a kid from a foreign country, they give you updates of what they’re doing with your donation,” she continues. “I want updates on my tax money!”
“What is you doing with my fucking money? I want to know, I want receipts, I want everything… Uncle Sam I want to know what the fuck you’re doing with my fucking money!”
Whether the Treasury Department will issue a response remains to be seen.
David Gilmour is a reporter who specializes in national politics, internet culture, and technology.