- The best Korean beauty products for $15 or less 12 Months Ago
- PewDiePie’s reign as the No. 1 YouTuber seems to be over 12 Months Ago
- Amazon’s ‘Hanna’ miniseries offers a more conventional take on the teen spy thriller 12 Months Ago
- Conservative writer tweets about bombing a university after women are hired Today 10:16 AM
- YouTube star Ice Poseidon reportedly raided by FBI Today 10:11 AM
- Devin Nunes is threatening to sue more people who mock him on Twitter Today 10:10 AM
- The Economist faces blowback for asking if trans people should be sterilized Today 9:50 AM
- 8 doormats that we can’t believe actually exist Today 9:35 AM
- Why is political blog the Hill publishing op-eds by anti-LGBTQ hate groups? Today 9:16 AM
- A woman vice president? The 2020 men have some thoughts Today 9:00 AM
- 80 percent of Americans support reinstating net neutrality Today 8:38 AM
- Website secretly filmed 1,600 hotel guests for fetish live stream Today 8:18 AM
- The Holga 120N is the $40 camera you never knew you needed Today 8:13 AM
- Poster for ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ gets mercilessly roasted Today 7:18 AM
- How to steam March Madness 2019 for free Today 7:00 AM
Cardi B wants to know how the government is spending her taxes
She doesn’t hold back.
Cardi B is not happy about paying taxes and posted a video on Instagram on Thursday demanding to know what the government is doing with her money.
“So you know the government is taking 40 percent of my taxes and Uncle Sam, I want to fucking know what you’re doing with my fucking tax money!” the Bronx rapper’s rant begins.
“I’m from New York and the streets is always dirty, we was voted the dirtiest city in America,” Cardi B said of her hometown. “There’s still rats in the trains.”
Cardi shot to success in the last year after the release of her debut single Bodak Yellow through Atlantic records in February 2017. Since then she has collaborated with Bruno Mars and knocked Taylor Swift off the top spot on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
In just two years her net worth has grown to an estimated $4 million. At a tax rate of 40 percent, the government will have taken nearly $2 million.
As the video runs on, Cardi compares taxes to charitable donations and requests an itemized receipt of how the funds are being used. She wants answers and is holding nothing back.
“When you donate, like, to a kid from a foreign country, they give you updates of what they’re doing with your donation,” she continues. “I want updates on my tax money!”
“What is you doing with my fucking money? I want to know, I want receipts, I want everything… Uncle Sam I want to know what the fuck you’re doing with my fucking money!”
Whether the Treasury Department will issue a response remains to be seen.
David Gilmour is a reporter who specializes in national politics, internet culture, and technology. He previously covered civil liberties, crime, and politics for Vice.