- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
Cardi B wants to know how the government is spending her taxes
She doesn’t hold back.
Cardi B is not happy about paying taxes and posted a video on Instagram on Thursday demanding to know what the government is doing with her money.
“So you know the government is taking 40 percent of my taxes and Uncle Sam, I want to fucking know what you’re doing with my fucking tax money!” the Bronx rapper’s rant begins.
“I’m from New York and the streets is always dirty, we was voted the dirtiest city in America,” Cardi B said of her hometown. “There’s still rats in the trains.”
Cardi shot to success in the last year after the release of her debut single Bodak Yellow through Atlantic records in February 2017. Since then she has collaborated with Bruno Mars and knocked Taylor Swift off the top spot on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
In just two years her net worth has grown to an estimated $4 million. At a tax rate of 40 percent, the government will have taken nearly $2 million.
As the video runs on, Cardi compares taxes to charitable donations and requests an itemized receipt of how the funds are being used. She wants answers and is holding nothing back.
“When you donate, like, to a kid from a foreign country, they give you updates of what they’re doing with your donation,” she continues. “I want updates on my tax money!”
“What is you doing with my fucking money? I want to know, I want receipts, I want everything… Uncle Sam I want to know what the fuck you’re doing with my fucking money!”
Whether the Treasury Department will issue a response remains to be seen.
David Gilmour is a reporter who specializes in national politics, internet culture, and technology. He previously covered civil liberties, crime, and politics for Vice.