- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America 3 Years Ago
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Today 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Today 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Today 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Today 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Today 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Today 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Today 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Today 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Today 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Today 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Today 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Today 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Today 9:57 AM
- 47 House Democrats sign criticized net neutrality working group letter Today 9:17 AM
Can Donald Trump read? Samantha Bee has a surprising, ‘totally real’ theory
“After seeing how easy and fun it is to take random scraps of evidence and spin them into ridiculous conspiracy theories,” Samantha Bee says in a recent Full Frontal clip, “we decided to try it ourselves—because why the f–k not?”
The host of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee noticed something after watching a 90-deposition of 2016 Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump for one of his many lawsuits. Trump refused to actually read any of the document placed right in front of him.
“At first, I thought Trump was lying, but then it hit me. Thanks to the time I’ve wasted watching very special episodes of TV shows over the years, I could draw only one one conclusion… You heard it here first, people are saying, Donald Trump can’t read.”
She has plenty of other questionable evidence, too.
“Don’t laugh at him. Illiteracy is sad,” Bee said. “I, for one, am impressed that, even with his alleged disability and with just a multi-million dollar loan from his father, Donald Trump was able to become one of the richest people in this country.”
Aaron Sankin is a former Senior Staff Writer at the Daily Dot who covered the intersection of politics, technology, online privacy, Twitter bots, and the role of dank memes in popular culture. He lives in Seattle, Washington. He joined the Center for Investigative Reporting in 2016.