- What is “TikTok including Musical.ly”? Tuesday 8:48 PM
- Video shows driver yelling N-word at Black woman in road rage incident Tuesday 7:40 PM
- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find Tuesday 6:49 PM
- Fans are surprisingly hyping Moby up for his new vegan tattoo Tuesday 6:13 PM
- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional Tuesday 5:22 PM
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels Tuesday 5:11 PM
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Tuesday 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Tuesday 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Tuesday 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Tuesday 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Tuesday 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Tuesday 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Tuesday 1:31 PM
Buddy Roemer tweets win more followers than votes
The long shot GOP candidate may not have much money, but he does have a sense of humor. And on Twitter, that counts for a lot.
Strapped with a grandfather’s wit and a puncher’s chance, former Louisiana governor and congressman Buddy Roemer hopes to pull off the unthinkable. His aim: to somehow elbow his way into the Republican Party debates with no PAC funding and strict orders not to accept any donations over $100.
“94% of elections in America are won by the candidate with the most money,” Roemer tweeted Monday morning. “Is this how we want to pick our leaders? #getmoneyout”
Roemer is supporting his campaign with a mix of punch-line tweets in lieu of cash. The straight-talkin’ Cajun has scored big points with followers on Twitter, who have shown a genuine taste for Roemer’s ability to switch from ranting on Obama’s health-care bill to waxing droll about his physique at the drop of a hat.
Roemer’s big Twitter break came Tuesday during the Republican Iowa caucuses, when a laughable performance—Roemer garnered a mere 47 votes—led to a string of self-deprecating hilarity that continues to this day.
The Daily Dot compiled its 10 favorite Buddy Roemer tweets into a Storify for your laughing pleasure.
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.