- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
In a recent interview, a former Republican congressman is eating his words about the impeachment of President Bill Clinton, saying “the Donald Trump show” takes the cake.
Bob Inglis, a former Republican representative from South Carolina, voted to impeach President Bill Clinton in 1998 because Inglis said he was “sorely lacking” in moral authority. But now that Inglis has seen Donald Trump’s first six months in office, he was quick to point out Monday that “this is much more serious than anything we ever accused Bill Clinton of.”
On Monday, CNN International’s Christiane Amanpour interviewed Inglis and showed him a clip from 19 years ago when he said this about Clinton, who was caught up in the Monica Lewinsky scandal at the time: “There are issues around the world that require American leadership. The leader of the free world needs moral authority. And we’ve got a president who is sorely lacking in that regard.”
Asked to contrast that with Trump’s behavior, Inglis said, “I guess that young guy you were just playing there apparently hadn’t seen something called the Donald Trump show.”
Inglis acknowledged Clinton’s problems, including perjury and an extramarital affair. But he said that doesn’t compare to Trump’s issues.
“This is something quite different, particularly when it gets into the Russia investigation and the firing of James Comey,” Inglis said. “These are very serious matters.”
Ingles also said he was bothered by the U.S. withdrawing from the Paris Climate Accord, which he called a “very poor decision” and described it as “sniveling with Syria over there on the sidelines when we should be leading the world to a solution.”
Watch the entire CNN interview here.
H/T Huffington Post
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.