- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale 1 Week Ago
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges 1 Week Ago
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Today 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Today 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Today 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Today 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Today 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Today 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Today 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Today 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Today 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games Today 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Today 12:20 PM
- Reddit mods restore Tiananmen Square image after censorship claims Today 12:18 PM
- Billie Eilish parody takes dad jokes to a whole new level Today 11:52 AM
It may be 11:30am on the East Coast, but it’s never to early to be horny—not when the fate of the free world is at stake.
This weekend, the 2020 Democratic contenders were at the Iowa State Fair, a quadrennial tradition that indicates the presidential election is really upon us.
At the Iowa State Fair, Democratic hopefuls have been mingling with local folk, playing coy about President Donald Trump’s ties to white supremacy, and eating deep-fried food on a stick. Here’s New York Mayor Bill de Blasio partaking in the festivities.
The mayor gets his first food of the day: an original corn dog. “This is health food,” he says. I’m told he plans to eat a lot today. pic.twitter.com/rH4fWCGX9O— Kim Norvell (@KimNorvellDMR) August 11, 2019
Is this presidential?
Perhaps a more pertinent and pressing question: Is this hot?
Give it a try as a GIF first before you make up your mind.
You decide. But one thing is for certain. That look he is rocking is a straight rip-off of another candidate’s attempt at sexual energy: Beto O’Rourke during his Vanity Fair photoshoot.
i love de blasio going to a stylist holding the beto vanity fair and saying give me that look pic.twitter.com/2X41okXew1— David Covucci (@DavidCovucci) August 12, 2019
Bill de Blasio. An old, poor man’s Beto.
Maybe that’s not a bad thing?
- Bill de Blasio, Elizabeth Warren call for abolishing private insurance
- Why every 2020 Democrat is canceled
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts
- Bill de Blasio’s presidential announcement is already a disaster
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]