- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
A Quinnipiac University poll released today showed Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden slip to second place behind Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) for the first time. This follows a weekend in which Biden jokingly called a woman a “lying dog-faced pony soldier” at a campaign event.
What’s a candidate to do in the midst of such drama? Get down with the cool kids in viral video, of course.
In the undated video credited to the Washington Examiner, a fresh-faced group of Biden supporters stands before him, merrily singing, “Go Biden, yeah, yeah. Go Biden, yeah, yeah. Biden’s back… alright!” The former vice president seems thrilled with the performance, which is set to the melody of Backstreet Boys’ “Everybody (Backstreet’s Back).”
The video, which could be described as a live-action remake of the “Backstreet’s Back” meme, is getting attention much like that received by the “High Hopes” dance of former South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg. Which is to say it’s inspiring a full-body cringe online from left-wing users.
Gaze into the abyss of Biden 2020pic.twitter.com/9fe7LG9ySR— Samuel D. Finkelstein II (@CANCEL_SAM) February 10, 2020
“Gaze into the abyss of Biden 2020,” tweeted @CANCEL_SAM.
“I feel physically revolted and I’m not sure I can finish my coffee now,” commented @Rad1calCentrist. “Thanks.”
“Pass the brain bleach please,” @0x000090 added.
Ain’t a single one of them had properly seasoned chicken— Darron Briscoe (@darron_briscoe) February 10, 2020
As a white guy, I proclaim this to be too white.— Jason Schadewald (@resolvedfixed) February 10, 2020
This is actually apropos because he’s running an early 00’s campaign pic.twitter.com/XUTke4gKb6— Bernie is #1 in NH!! (@DonnaMgraduates) February 10, 2020
They're determined to ruin that song for me.— FriendlyMushroom517 (@slater517) February 10, 2020
I, for one, welcome the growing Biden-Butti feud over who has the most bland chicken pic.twitter.com/Gyyg9275yH— Joe Kenny (@jkennyamdg) February 10, 2020
Sam will receive death threats for this one.— 𝘞𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘛𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘣𝘶𝘭𝘭 (@Wade_Turnbull) February 10, 2020
To paraphrase another Backstreet Boys’ song, it seems safe to say that many Twitter users don’t want it that way.
Claire Goforth is a Jacksonville, Florida-based journalist covering politics, culture, justice, and unicorns. Her work has appeared in publications ranging from regional alt-weeklies to Al Jazeera.