- Who is Cletus Kasady, Woody Harrelson’s character in ‘Venom 2’? 4 Months Ago
- What is biometric data? Today 6:30 AM
- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
And while candidates like former Rep. Beto O’Rourke and Mayor Pete Buttigieg took shots at various points in the debate, the other presumed front runner, former Vice President Joe Biden, also jumped in–leading to one moment getting criticized and becoming the subject of jokes.
Twitter user @TheWayWithAnoa asked people to caption a moment where Biden is pointing and yelling in the direction of Warren.
Caption this pic.twitter.com/ebS32DjXZU— 🖤 Black Womxn Running My Fresh Ass Mouth🖤 (@TheWayWithAnoa) October 16, 2019
The captured moment came when Warren was talking about creating the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Biden then jumped in yelling: “I went on the floor and got you votes. I got votes for that bill. I convinced people to vote for it. So let’s get those things straight too.”
Biden on CFPB, which Warren helped create: "I went on the floor and got you votes. I got votes for that bill. I convinced people to vote for it"— Axios (@axios) October 16, 2019
Warren: "I am deeply grateful to President Obama."
Biden: "You did a hell of a job in your job."
Warren: "Thank you." pic.twitter.com/TQJzMGWfQF
Soon enough, many people came up with jokes about it:
“ray is a mary sue!” https://t.co/DCIOPaGGqL— b-boy bouiebaisse (@jbouie) October 16, 2019
“Well ACTUALLY.” https://t.co/bMwdaEDtxt— Sam Donovan (@samueljdonovan) October 16, 2019
“no, YOU tell me what year it is” https://t.co/VSwxVgw4sY— Elon “Boo Deadline” Green (@elongreen) October 16, 2019
IT SAYS THE EARLY BIRD STARTS AT 4! https://t.co/VfuF8EGTZu— Matt Gorman (@mattsgorman) October 16, 2019
Same energy pic.twitter.com/RFzHBC0Jpu— Patrick Karlson (@PatrickAKarlson) October 16, 2019
“RELEASE THE SNYDER CUT!” https://t.co/6iwbArMYbP— Ryan Doyle (@ryanwdoyle) October 16, 2019
Other people also commented on the moment during the debate–with some calling it a “bad look.”
All women know what the tone of this “thank you” means https://t.co/q3qHqb6QMg— Zerlina Maxwell (@ZerlinaMaxwell) October 16, 2019
Joe Biden yelling at Elizabeth Warren and sticking his hand in her face was...really ugly.— Walker Bragman (@WalkerBragman) October 16, 2019
I keep thinking about this exchange from tonight's #DemDebate. This is Biden yelling and aggressively gesturing at Warren for not giving him credit for *her* hard work on creating the CFPB. You can see how furious he is, both in how he treats her and in how he laughs at her. https://t.co/Dm3mTS5Wk8— ella dawson (@brosandprose) October 16, 2019
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).