- Twitter blasts Benny Johnson over heinous Native American ‘socialist’ reservations take 4 Months Ago
- New Zealand arrests 2 for sharing video of mosque shooting Today 4:44 PM
- ‘Queer Eye’ season 3 serves more frothy fun and cathartic realness Today 4:30 PM
- Everyone is roasting this photo of Kourtney Kardashian in a bubble bath Today 4:15 PM
- White House report has a lot of superheroes listed as interns Today 4:06 PM
- Google to launch ‘Stadia’ cloud gaming service this year Today 3:55 PM
- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Today 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Today 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Today 1:51 PM
- YouTube time traveler says he saw a dinosaur—in the future Today 1:47 PM
- Why is Netflix changing the viewing order for ‘Love, Death & Robots’? Today 12:47 PM
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet Today 12:40 PM
- These cat purses have everything you need (including balls) Today 12:22 PM
- Smooth dude gets girl’s number with a ‘choose your own adventure’ RPG on Tinder Today 12:20 PM
- Beto O’Rourke reportedly pranked his wife with a ‘verdant turd’ Today 12:13 PM
Beto O’Rourke’s farewell in Senate race: ‘I’m so f*cking proud of you guys’
“I want to thank this amazing campaign of people, not a dime from a single PAC, all people all the time in every single part of Texas,” O’Rourke said during his speech in El Paso. “All of you showing the country how you do this. I’m so fucking proud of you guys.”
Beto O'Rourke: "I'm so fucking proud of you guys."
— Texas Tribune (@TexasTribune) November 7, 2018
O’Rourke’s campaign raised millions of dollars and won the internet’s heart in a series of viral moments, but Cruz still pulled ahead in one of the most closely watched midterm elections. With 86 percent of the precincts reporting Tuesday night, Cruz had won 51 percent of votes while O’Rourke had only 48 percent.
Though many on Twitter were disheartened after O’Rourke’s loss, his unexpected use of the F-bomb on national television lifted their spirits just the slightest.
Well I did enjoy Beto saying "fucking" on national television.
— Rebecca Traister (@rtraister) November 7, 2018
We’re fucking proud of you too, Beto.
— Jon Favreau (@jonfavs) November 7, 2018
Beto saying he’s fucking proud of us makes me fucking proud of us. #Beto2020
— Achingly Polite (@AchinglyPolite) November 7, 2018
Beto just said Fucking. We are married now. pic.twitter.com/2H3DX54zhN
— Celina (@celina_curry) November 7, 2018
beto 😭 he said "I'M SO FUCKING PROUD OF YOU GUYS" at the end of his speech 😭 pic.twitter.com/x3KpJ1M4mf
— マルコス (@theradmexican) November 7, 2018
It’s unclear what O’Rourke plans to do next, but lots of people think it would be fucking cool if he ran for president.
Me calling Beto to make sure he runs for president pic.twitter.com/yu1utxhZcK
— Namjoon_MONO (@onlyforBTS1234) November 7, 2018
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.