- We now probably know the final runtime for ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Monday 11:06 PM
- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Monday 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Monday 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Monday 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Monday 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Monday 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Monday 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Monday 10:35 AM
Is it newsworthy? It’s not not newsworthy.
In the plot of the seminal 1992 film Single White Female, an increasingly unstable and unhinged woman develops an obsession with another person, copying her, emulating her, and eventually attempting to murder her.
We’re not saying Beto O’Rourke is going full SWF on Ted Cruz, but in the wake of their brutal 2018 campaign for U.S. Senate—with O’Rourke coveting the seat Cruz held in Texas—Cruz emerged back in Washington with a salt-and-pepper beard.
A month later? Guess who shows up on Facebook Live sporting the same facial hair?
That’s right, Beto O’Rourke.
The reveal of the beard came as Beto 2020 speculation hit a fever pitch. You know who else ran for president? You guessed it: Ted Cruz.
Maybe Beto has an unhealthy fetishization with Cruz? Who knows. Either way, the news of Beto Beard caught the eye of people on Twitter, who wound up doing tweets about Beto Beard.
🚨 Beto has grown a beard/goatee pic.twitter.com/JDhMvhYWdX
— Igor Bobic (@igorbobic) January 9, 2019
Guys, Beto O'Rourke has a beard now.
— Brittanie Shey (@brittanieshey) January 9, 2019
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]