- Deepfake-style videos can now be made with just a single image 4 Months Ago
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Bash Brothers’ is what Netflix should be doing with short-form comedy 4 Months Ago
- ‘Green dress lady’ proves green screen memes are still going strong 4 Months Ago
- ‘Bowling alley strike screen’ memes are bizarre and wonderful Today 12:40 PM
- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed Today 12:00 PM
- Stephen A. Smith is baby Today 11:43 AM
- Tfue releases statement on FaZe Clan lawsuit, says his contract is ‘f*cked’ Today 11:34 AM
- People are using an app to out gropers on Japan’s subway Today 11:24 AM
- Trump misspelled ‘accomplishments’ on handwritten notes, photo shows Today 11:12 AM
- HUD proposal would allow homeless shelters to refuse trans people Today 10:44 AM
- Disney’s ‘Aladdin’ remake isn’t terrible Today 10:11 AM
- Police under investigation after running over 1-year-old child Today 9:16 AM
- Who is Jannah, the breakout star of ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’? Today 9:10 AM
- Trump revives his ‘dumb as a rock’ insult for Rex Tillerson Today 9:03 AM
- Forget Hot Jafar. All hail Fat Ursula Today 8:14 AM
Is it newsworthy? It’s not not newsworthy.
In the plot of the seminal 1992 film Single White Female, an increasingly unstable and unhinged woman develops an obsession with another person, copying her, emulating her, and eventually attempting to murder her.
We’re not saying Beto O’Rourke is going full SWF on Ted Cruz, but in the wake of their brutal 2018 campaign for U.S. Senate—with O’Rourke coveting the seat Cruz held in Texas—Cruz emerged back in Washington with a salt-and-pepper beard.
A month later? Guess who shows up on Facebook Live sporting the same facial hair?
That’s right, Beto O’Rourke.
The reveal of the beard came as Beto 2020 speculation hit a fever pitch. You know who else ran for president? You guessed it: Ted Cruz.
Maybe Beto has an unhealthy fetishization with Cruz? Who knows. Either way, the news of Beto Beard caught the eye of people on Twitter, who wound up doing tweets about Beto Beard.
🚨 Beto has grown a beard/goatee pic.twitter.com/JDhMvhYWdX
— Igor Bobic (@igorbobic) January 9, 2019
Guys, Beto O'Rourke has a beard now.
— Brittanie Shey (@brittanieshey) January 9, 2019
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]