- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
In the plot of the seminal 1992 film Single White Female, an increasingly unstable and unhinged woman develops an obsession with another person, copying her, emulating her, and eventually attempting to murder her.
We’re not saying Beto O’Rourke is going full SWF on Ted Cruz, but in the wake of their brutal 2018 campaign for U.S. Senate—with O’Rourke coveting the seat Cruz held in Texas—Cruz emerged back in Washington with a salt-and-pepper beard.
A month later? Guess who shows up on Facebook Live sporting the same facial hair?
That’s right, Beto O’Rourke.
The reveal of the beard came as Beto 2020 speculation hit a fever pitch. You know who else ran for president? You guessed it: Ted Cruz.
Maybe Beto has an unhealthy fetishization with Cruz? Who knows. Either way, the news of Beto Beard caught the eye of people on Twitter, who wound up doing tweets about Beto Beard.
🚨 Beto has grown a beard/goatee pic.twitter.com/JDhMvhYWdX— Igor Bobic (@igorbobic) January 9, 2019
Guys, Beto O'Rourke has a beard now.— Brittanie Shey (@brittanieshey) January 9, 2019
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]