- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
Given the period in which he rose to political power, and the way he did, it would be harder to explain if President Donald Trump wasn’t the most meme-able man on the planet.
As such, the internet is laden with GIFs from his journey to the nomination. As his term has entered its fourth year, Trump has become slightly less GIFable, perhaps due to fatigue or saturation, but the ones in existence from his campaign and first few years right now are still as popular as ever.
And it’s not just among his adoring followers; liberals are just as quick to use a “Wrong” GIF to respond in an online fight as anyone else.
Maybe the “J” in his middle name is actually a soft “G.” Donald GIF Trump.
Best Donald Trump GIFs
1) Second Republican debate
This GIF featuring Trump’s face journey was captured during his second Republican presidential debate when Trump was more curiosity than phenomenon.
At the same time, this was the debate he went on a “vaccines cause austism” tear, so this face was probably extremely relatable to viewers.
2) The infamous Melania GIF
This GIF of First Lady Melania Trump during Trump’s inauguration caught a lot of attention. She can be seen smiling at her husband until he turns around, where her faces immediately changes to a more somber expression.
It contributed to a trend of concerned individuals feeling sorry for the first lady and theorizing that she needed rescuing from her position. There was even a #FreeMelania trend that started on Twitter. Needless to say, she’s probably fine, but this GIF makes for a great reaction image.
3) The eagle strikes!
During a photo shoot with Time Magazine, Trump was set to pose with a 27-year-old bald eagle named “Uncle Sam.” Time released footage from the shoot, including this scene where Uncle Sam lunged at the president, who recoiled back in fear before the bird could do any damage.
4) Put’er there
There is no shortage of GIFs of Trump shaking hands with various world leaders, as seen here with Trump and French President Emmanuel Macron exchanging a much-too-long handshake.
We all know at this point how the president loves to go in for an intense handshake and this GIF shows how hard Trump will go to outdo anyone.
5) Don’t look directly into an eclipse guys
Despite the warning about staring at an eclipse without protective “eclipse glasses,” Trump can be seen looking up at the sky with his eyes uncovered.
6) Not quite how one usually drinks water
In this GIF, Trump was discussing the U.S. trade deficit, when he decided to take an awkward swig out of a bottle of Fiji water.
He used both hands to lift the bottle to his mouth before taking a sip, and enough people deemed this a GIF-able moment.
7) Don’t leave me hanging
Still, many people were amused at what they thought was the president being snubbed.
8) When the wind blows through your hair
This list wouldn’t be complete without the president’s infamous hair. There is no shortage of GIFs or images of Trump’s hair struggling against the wind. Here, the wind is certainly having its fun, as well as everyone capturing these photos and using them as reaction photos and GIFs.
And of course, everyone’s favorite.
Alex is a recent graduate of the journalism school at the University of Texas at Austin. She has written for the Texas Observer, the Austin Chronicle, KUT, and ORANGE Magazine.