- John Cusack blames Twitter bot for anti-Semitic tweet 6 Months Ago
- YouTube rapper who glorifies pimping has been charged with human trafficking 6 Months Ago
- Amy Klobuchar lists net neutrality as part of her 100-day plan for presidency Today 8:54 AM
- Reddit just banned the NBA Streams subreddit Today 8:17 AM
- How to watch ‘Drunk History’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Unit 42’ soars on the chemistry of its unlikely lead partners Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Good Trouble’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- It’s time for Pete Buttigieg to claim his status as Short King Today 6:30 AM
- The best foreign-language TV shows on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- Hasan Minhaj explains why your internet sucks in ‘Patriot Act’ episode, puts it on DVD Monday 8:41 PM
- Hackers got control of Dylan Sprouse’s Twitter account, posted offensive content Monday 7:38 PM
- Twitch is suing the trolls who flooded the platform with porn and Christchurch shooting footage Monday 6:55 PM
- Cat filter turns Pakistani politicians’ press conference into frisky business Monday 6:12 PM
- Couple calls for boycott of dog walker app Wag! after their dog was abducted Monday 5:07 PM
- Trump gets banned from SeekingArrangement because he’s not a ‘real sugar daddy’ Monday 4:17 PM
Obama can be seen passing out gifts and playing with excited children as he moves from ward to ward before delivering an address to hospital staff.
Former President Barack Obama surprised and delighted patients and the whole internet on Thursday by dressing up as Santa and delivering presents to a children’s hospital.
Footage of the visit was posted on the official Twitter account of Children’s National, a medical center in Washington D.C.
Thank you @BarackObama for making our patients’ day so much brighter. Your surprise warmed our hallways and put smiles on everyone’s faces! Our patients loved your company…and your gifts! https://t.co/bswxSrA4sQ ❤️ #HolidaysAtChildrens #ObamaAndKids pic.twitter.com/qii53UbSRS
— Children's National 🏥 (@childrenshealth) December 19, 2018
Obama can be seen passing out gifts and playing with excited children as he moves from ward to ward before delivering a speech to hospital staff, thanking them for their hard work.
“I just want to say thank you to all of you guys for the chance to talk to some of the wonderful kids and their families at a time that is obviously tough for folks,” Obama said.
“As a dad of two girls I can only imagine, in that situation, to have nurses and staff and doctors and people who are caring for them,” he continued, “looking after them and listening to them and just there for them and holding their hand… that’s the most important thing there is.”
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to the extraordinary kids, families, and staff at Children’s National. And thanks for humoring me as your stand-in Santa. https://t.co/mFmYCVk7cr
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) December 19, 2018
The holiday gesture warmed the hearts of many online.
— John Lundin 🌊 (@johnlundin) December 20, 2018
One of the best qualities about you, Mr. President, is your obvious love of children. Happy holidays to you and your family, and thank you for giving me joy this morning.
— Christine Latham (@tiredmommy1010) December 20, 2018
From Barack playing Santa to Michelle’s boots…I’m so grateful for this Obama fueled joy in my feed. Happy holidays!
— Sarah Audelo (@SarahAudelo) December 20, 2018
— RealTomChapman 🌹🏳️🌈 (@realTomChapman) December 20, 2018
David Gilmour is a reporter who specializes in national politics, internet culture, and technology. He previously covered civil liberties, crime, and politics for Vice.