- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
Iran’s Supreme Leader tweets photo of what appears to be Obama holding a gun to his head
Probably not the best way to gain followers.
Iran’s Grand Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is getting a lot of attention on Twitter today, thanks to an image he posted that looks very much like President Obama holding a gun to his own head.
Khamenei is a bit of a Twitter veteran, having been on social network in one form or another since 2009, and tweeting indirectly to the U.S. government is something he does regularly. Today, however, he sent out an image showing an American flag and a silhouette of a man—with at least a passing resemblance to the U.S. president—holding a gun to his own temple, along with the quote, “We welcome no war, nor do we initiate any war, but if any war happens, the one who will emerge loser will be the aggressive and criminal U.S.” The quote is attributed to Khamenei.
Khamenei’s tweet seems to be in direct response to a recent Obama interview with Thomas Friedman of the New York Times. In the interview, the Obama noted that the reason Iran should fear the United States is that “We could knock out their military in speed and dispatch if we chose to.”
Mike Wehner is a former tech editor for the Daily Dot who now writes for BGR. His work has appeared everywhere from Yahoo to CNN, and there’s a good chance his Apple Watch is dead right now.