- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China 1 Year Ago
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Today 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Today 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Today 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Today 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
Scaramucci wants the man who fired him out.
The person who ushered in a new era of chaos is now publicly calling for the ouster of the man brought in to bring back order to the White House. Anthony Scaramucci wants John Kelly out as chief of staff.
Scaramucci was infamously fired 10 days into his job by Kelly after Kelly took over as chief of staff. Originally, after the former chief of staff Reince Priebus was fired, it was speculated Scaramucci would be up for the job. Instead, it went to Kelly, a former general, who was tasked with bringing discipline to the White House and summarily fired Scaramucci.
But now Kelly is under fire for possibly lying about his knowledge of Rob Porter’s alleged domestic assault. Porter was the White House staff secretary until Daily Mail reported his two ex-wives said he abused them. Kelly told White House staffers that he had acted within 40 minutes of finding out about reports Porter’s abuse, but that is now being contradicted by both anonymous White House staffers and FBI Director Christopher Wray.
With that in mind, Scaramucci is publicly calling for Kelly to be fired for protecting an alleged domestic abuser.
Based on FBI testimony, WH Chief of Staff John Kelly almost certainly knew about credible allegations of domestic abuse against Rob Porter at least 6 months ago - then recently forced others to lie about that timeline. Inexcusable. Kelly must resign. https://t.co/ydt7dmD7xs— Anthony Scaramucci (@Scaramucci) February 13, 2018
When said that his tweets regarding Kelly looked “petty,” given his history, Scaramucci said there was nothing personal about his speaking out.
Domestic abuse is a red line. Covering up for it is indefensible. If speaking out against that makes me look petty, then so be it. This has nothing to do with my exit from WH. I trust the FBI Director in this matter, and so should you. We'll know the full truth soon enough. https://t.co/kWXdZHQmOH— Anthony Scaramucci (@Scaramucci) February 13, 2018
This is the second time in two days Scaramucci has called for Kelly to be removed from his position.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]