- ‘Battlestar Galactica’ is getting a reboot from the creator of ‘Mr. Robot’ 2 Years Ago
- Sean Spicer is already alleging judges are out to get him on DWTS Today 8:52 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Jupiter’s Legacy’ loses showrunner halfway through filming Today 7:36 AM
- ‘Disenchantment’ season 2 starts strong but falls into familiar trappings Today 7:00 AM
- Are Ben Shapiro fans organizing against his opponents on Twitter? Today 6:30 AM
- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
The person who ushered in a new era of chaos is now publicly calling for the ouster of the man brought in to bring back order to the White House. Anthony Scaramucci wants John Kelly out as chief of staff.
Scaramucci was infamously fired 10 days into his job by Kelly after Kelly took over as chief of staff. Originally, after the former chief of staff Reince Priebus was fired, it was speculated Scaramucci would be up for the job. Instead, it went to Kelly, a former general, who was tasked with bringing discipline to the White House and summarily fired Scaramucci.
But now Kelly is under fire for possibly lying about his knowledge of Rob Porter’s alleged domestic assault. Porter was the White House staff secretary until Daily Mail reported his two ex-wives said he abused them. Kelly told White House staffers that he had acted within 40 minutes of finding out about reports Porter’s abuse, but that is now being contradicted by both anonymous White House staffers and FBI Director Christopher Wray.
With that in mind, Scaramucci is publicly calling for Kelly to be fired for protecting an alleged domestic abuser.
Based on FBI testimony, WH Chief of Staff John Kelly almost certainly knew about credible allegations of domestic abuse against Rob Porter at least 6 months ago - then recently forced others to lie about that timeline. Inexcusable. Kelly must resign. https://t.co/ydt7dmD7xs— Anthony Scaramucci (@Scaramucci) February 13, 2018
When said that his tweets regarding Kelly looked “petty,” given his history, Scaramucci said there was nothing personal about his speaking out.
Domestic abuse is a red line. Covering up for it is indefensible. If speaking out against that makes me look petty, then so be it. This has nothing to do with my exit from WH. I trust the FBI Director in this matter, and so should you. We'll know the full truth soon enough. https://t.co/kWXdZHQmOH— Anthony Scaramucci (@Scaramucci) February 13, 2018
This is the second time in two days Scaramucci has called for Kelly to be removed from his position.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]