- Couple calls for boycott of dog walker app Wag! after their dog was abducted 4 Months Ago
- Trump gets banned from SeekingArrangement because he’s not a ‘real sugar daddy’ Today 4:17 PM
- InfoWars accidentally sent child porn to lawyers representing Sandy Hook parents Today 4:12 PM
- Sticker warns men changing diapers about ‘feminization of the American male’ Today 4:10 PM
- The genius way Genius caught Google allegedly stealing lyrics Today 3:03 PM
- This bubble tea challenge is a balancing act Today 2:15 PM
- Laura Dern gifts the internet with more ‘Big Little Lies’ memes Today 1:54 PM
- The Stonks meme is back—and it’s weirder than ever Today 1:27 PM
- Video shows officer threatening to shoot pregnant Black woman in front of her children Today 1:12 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Leila’ tells a familiar dystopian horror story Today 12:37 PM
- O.J. Simpson says in Twitter video that he never slept with Kris Jenner Today 12:06 PM
- GOP commissioner jokes on Facebook about running over Trump protesters Today 11:52 AM
- 2 trans women killed within 3 months in the same neighborhood Today 11:35 AM
- DNC tries to pander with tone-deaf Beyoncé meme, fails miserably Today 10:45 AM
- Parkland grad says Harvard rescinded offer after racist comments surfaced Today 10:10 AM
Senate Democrats/Flickr (CC-BY)
It’s coming out in May.
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) will be featured in an upcoming comic book.
The comic book, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the Freshman Force: New Party Who Dis?, will be published by Devil’s Due Comics, and will be released in May.
The comic promises to have the New York congresswoman and the “freshman force” take on “the establishment.” One cover has Ocasio-Cortez standing over a hurt red elephant while a blue donkey nervously looks on in the background.
A variant cover for the comic book’s “Washington Warrior Collector Variant” is similar, but has the lawmaker dressed similarly to Wonder Woman.
Uh oh, did a thing again! Please share! My celebration of @AOC & the diverse new congress, from @devilsdue. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez & the Freshman Force #1(of 1). Featuring work by, @deanhaspiel @thejillthompson @HoytSilva @JoseGIHP & many more! https://t.co/JOrR5eVV5k pic.twitter.com/PumKFOGbAG
— Josh Blaylock (@joshblaylock) February 22, 2019
The founder of Devils Due Comics, Josh Blaylock, told ABC News that the book would be an anthology.
“I have a really, really nice, sweet one that’s just like a pleasant commentary on just being excited about things,” he told the news outlet. “There are some completely absurd, irreverent ones that are really like just cathartic venting about, you know, the current climate that we’re living in. Some are more just like a narrative, educational overview.”
To quote Alan Moore: “None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with YOU. You're locked up in here with ME.” 🤣 https://t.co/8TCmKNJlkD
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) January 11, 2019
“I see a fresh new body of congresspeople coming into the system that are asking the classic question of, ‘Why are things being done this way?” Blaylock told the New York Times. “AOC is looking at core issues I’ve never seen either side address.”
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).