- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray 6 Months Ago
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) will be featured in an upcoming comic book.
The comic book, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the Freshman Force: New Party Who Dis?, will be published by Devil’s Due Comics, and will be released in May.
The comic promises to have the New York congresswoman and the “freshman force” take on “the establishment.” One cover has Ocasio-Cortez standing over a hurt red elephant while a blue donkey nervously looks on in the background.
A variant cover for the comic book’s “Washington Warrior Collector Variant” is similar, but has the lawmaker dressed similarly to Wonder Woman.
Uh oh, did a thing again! Please share! My celebration of @AOC & the diverse new congress, from @devilsdue. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez & the Freshman Force #1(of 1). Featuring work by, @deanhaspiel @thejillthompson @HoytSilva @JoseGIHP & many more! https://t.co/JOrR5eVV5k pic.twitter.com/PumKFOGbAG— Josh Blaylock (@joshblaylock) February 22, 2019
The founder of Devils Due Comics, Josh Blaylock, told ABC News that the book would be an anthology.
“I have a really, really nice, sweet one that’s just like a pleasant commentary on just being excited about things,” he told the news outlet. “There are some completely absurd, irreverent ones that are really like just cathartic venting about, you know, the current climate that we’re living in. Some are more just like a narrative, educational overview.”
To quote Alan Moore: “None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with YOU. You're locked up in here with ME.” 🤣 https://t.co/8TCmKNJlkD— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) January 11, 2019
“I see a fresh new body of congresspeople coming into the system that are asking the classic question of, ‘Why are things being done this way?” Blaylock told the New York Times. “AOC is looking at core issues I’ve never seen either side address.”
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).