- How to install PlayStation Vue on Kodi to stream live TV 2 Months Ago
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez supports resolution that could lead to Trump’s impeachment Thursday 9:46 PM
- Ricardo Milos dancing memes are the new Rickroll Thursday 9:09 PM
- Laura Loomer sues Twitter, Muslim lobbying group over account ban Thursday 8:15 PM
- Far-right troll Ian Miles Cheong gets flamed for mocking a ‘Star Wars’ fan Thursday 6:17 PM
- Facebook says ‘millions,’ not ‘tens of thousands,’ affected by Instagram password bug Thursday 5:13 PM
- Leading 2020 Democrats mock redactions in Mueller report Thursday 4:04 PM
- 8 weed accessories for stealthy stoners Thursday 4:00 PM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players are now fighting on giant d*cks Thursday 3:37 PM
- Why are Facebook and Google translating this Spanish word into a racial slur? Thursday 3:32 PM
- Instagram page encourages meme creators to join a meme union Thursday 3:24 PM
- 28 smokin’ hot gifts for your stoner friend Thursday 1:33 PM
- The 5 most important conclusions from Robert Mueller’s report Thursday 1:28 PM
- Facebook bans many of the U.K.’s infamous far-right groups Thursday 1:15 PM
- Cersei and Tyrion Lannister learned about respect from Elmo Thursday 12:57 PM
Senate Democrats/Flickr (CC-BY)
It’s coming out in May.
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) will be featured in an upcoming comic book.
The comic book, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the Freshman Force: New Party Who Dis?, will be published by Devil’s Due Comics, and will be released in May.
The comic promises to have the New York congresswoman and the “freshman force” take on “the establishment.” One cover has Ocasio-Cortez standing over a hurt red elephant while a blue donkey nervously looks on in the background.
A variant cover for the comic book’s “Washington Warrior Collector Variant” is similar, but has the lawmaker dressed similarly to Wonder Woman.
Uh oh, did a thing again! Please share! My celebration of @AOC & the diverse new congress, from @devilsdue. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez & the Freshman Force #1(of 1). Featuring work by, @deanhaspiel @thejillthompson @HoytSilva @JoseGIHP & many more! https://t.co/JOrR5eVV5k pic.twitter.com/PumKFOGbAG
— Josh Blaylock (@joshblaylock) February 22, 2019
The founder of Devils Due Comics, Josh Blaylock, told ABC News that the book would be an anthology.
“I have a really, really nice, sweet one that’s just like a pleasant commentary on just being excited about things,” he told the news outlet. “There are some completely absurd, irreverent ones that are really like just cathartic venting about, you know, the current climate that we’re living in. Some are more just like a narrative, educational overview.”
To quote Alan Moore: “None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with YOU. You're locked up in here with ME.” 🤣 https://t.co/8TCmKNJlkD
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) January 11, 2019
“I see a fresh new body of congresspeople coming into the system that are asking the classic question of, ‘Why are things being done this way?” Blaylock told the New York Times. “AOC is looking at core issues I’ve never seen either side address.”
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).