- Andrew Yang upset porn fans with his criticism of Bing Tuesday 10:34 PM
- Kamala Harris really wants Trump kicked off Twitter Tuesday 10:22 PM
- Bernie Sanders jokes he didn’t use medical marijuana before tonight’s debate Tuesday 9:47 PM
- Tulsi Gabbard says she’s not a Russian asset—which is just what a Russian asset would say Tuesday 9:20 PM
- Warren says she doesn’t have a ‘beef with billionaires’ Tuesday 8:59 PM
- Andrew Yang’s Universal Basic Income plan gets support from other candidates Tuesday 8:40 PM
- Christmas creep is real, and it’s all over Tom Steyer’s neck Tuesday 8:05 PM
- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Tuesday 3:29 PM
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) will be featured in an upcoming comic book.
The comic book, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the Freshman Force: New Party Who Dis?, will be published by Devil’s Due Comics, and will be released in May.
The comic promises to have the New York congresswoman and the “freshman force” take on “the establishment.” One cover has Ocasio-Cortez standing over a hurt red elephant while a blue donkey nervously looks on in the background.
A variant cover for the comic book’s “Washington Warrior Collector Variant” is similar, but has the lawmaker dressed similarly to Wonder Woman.
Uh oh, did a thing again! Please share! My celebration of @AOC & the diverse new congress, from @devilsdue. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez & the Freshman Force #1(of 1). Featuring work by, @deanhaspiel @thejillthompson @HoytSilva @JoseGIHP & many more! https://t.co/JOrR5eVV5k pic.twitter.com/PumKFOGbAG— Josh Blaylock (@joshblaylock) February 22, 2019
The founder of Devils Due Comics, Josh Blaylock, told ABC News that the book would be an anthology.
“I have a really, really nice, sweet one that’s just like a pleasant commentary on just being excited about things,” he told the news outlet. “There are some completely absurd, irreverent ones that are really like just cathartic venting about, you know, the current climate that we’re living in. Some are more just like a narrative, educational overview.”
To quote Alan Moore: “None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with YOU. You're locked up in here with ME.” 🤣 https://t.co/8TCmKNJlkD— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) January 11, 2019
“I see a fresh new body of congresspeople coming into the system that are asking the classic question of, ‘Why are things being done this way?” Blaylock told the New York Times. “AOC is looking at core issues I’ve never seen either side address.”
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).