- Spotify will soon let you block R. Kelly Monday 6:01 PM
- New Click to Pray app lets you pray with Pope Francis Monday 5:30 PM
- Social media influencer known for hiking in bikinis dead at 36 Monday 4:54 PM
- Trump posts altered pics on social media to make fingers look longer, report Monday 3:20 PM
- Twitch user banned after telling woman to ‘kill yourself’ during stream Monday 3:06 PM
- Facebook introduces ‘Community Actions’ tool to petition the government Monday 2:04 PM
- Sarah Sanders, NRA deliver truly misguided MLK tributes today Monday 12:58 PM
- MAGA teen who confronted Native elder says he ‘respects all races’ Monday 12:57 PM
- Popular YouTube channel in danger of disappearing because of copyright claims Monday 12:24 PM
- The Krassensteins’ Reddit AMA gets trolled off the internet Monday 12:08 PM
- No, Trump didn’t break open the Pizzagate scandal in 2011 Monday 11:23 AM
- Producer of anti-abortion film says Facebook refuses to run his ads Monday 10:58 AM
- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest Monday 10:21 AM
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal Monday 10:02 AM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg Monday 9:40 AM
Former employees accuse Alex Jones and InfoWars of sexual harassment, anti-Semitism
The employees filed complaints with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Former employees of the conspiracy theory peddling website InfoWars have accused its founder and host Alex Jones of committing sexual harassment and making anti-Semitic comments, according to a report.
Two former employees, video editor Rob Jacobson and production assistant Ashley Beckford, filed separate complaints with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission detailing their alleged experiences with Jones, the Daily Mail reports.
Beckford says that Jones groped her during a meeting with other high-level InfoWars staffers while pretending to offer sympathy to her after an on-camera appearance. In the document, Beckford says Jones went in for a “side hug” and reached down and grabbed her butt and told others in the room: “Who wouldn’t want to have a black wife?”
“I felt embarrassed and nervous, but I knew that he had specifically touched my behind at that moment as a sly come-on that other people may not notice,” she wrote in the documents, which were published by the Daily Mail.
Jacobson said InfoWars staffers referred to him as “the Resident Jew” and “the Jewish individual” while working for InfoWars for 13 years.
Jacobson also said Jones was ‘grooming him for homosexual sex.’ in the EEOC report. ”
“From 2008-2012, Alex Jones called me Beefcake, referring to male porn stars,’ Jacobson wrote. ‘I felt like this was intimidating and harassing and a form of sexual harassment in that he was grooming me for homosexual sex”
Jones denied the allegations, telling the Daily Mail they were “completely, totally false.”
“I’m not going to talk about former employees, I mean nobody accuses me of stuff like that,” he told the news outlet. “No, no and in fact I’m not the type of person to say those kinds of things. So that’s why my feelings are hurt. Wow. That’s all I can say. That’s total bullshit.”
InfoWars has been criticized for spreading false information and pushing unsubstantiated conspiracy theories. The company’s YouTube channel is close to being shuttered after receiving two “strikes” for posting conspiratorial videos in the wake of the school shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.
You can read all of the Daily Mail‘s story here.
This article has been updated.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).