- A theoretical tax on Bud Light has infuriated conservatives 1 Year Ago
- Tumblr is back on the iOS App Store as NSFW content ban looms 1 Year Ago
- Here’s why YouTube deleted 58 million videos and a ton of accounts 1 Year Ago
- The 25 worst passwords of 2018 Today 9:27 AM
- Little Miss Flint takes on Tomi Lahren’s border wall tweet Today 9:05 AM
- Michael Cohen contradicts Trump tweets, says president knew payments were wrong Today 8:39 AM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate girls blush when they eat curry, and fans are being horny on main Today 7:58 AM
- The 2nd gen Amazon Echo Show is a digital assistant game-changer Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch ESPNU online for free Today 7:00 AM
- ‘The Fix’ is another talk show Hail Mary from Netflix Today 6:45 AM
- 2018 was the year the ‘alt-right’ failed Today 6:20 AM
- The best Italian movies on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2018 college bowl games Today 6:00 AM
- Miss USA thought everyone spoke English—and the internet is not amused Thursday 8:02 PM
- Kanye’s Twitter tirade prompts apology from Drake Thursday 6:00 PM
Alex Jones, InfoWars reporter name-call teen after viral interview clip
Stay classy, InfoWars.
The internet sparked up earlier this week when a video surfaced of a teenage girl being interviewed by Shroyer calling him a “fucking idiot” after he stopped her to do one of InfoWars’ infamous man-on-the-street interviews where they intentionally antagonize “leftists.”
“All my friends are seeing this now, this clip for whatever reason has reached the stratosphere more than anything I’ve ever done,” Shroyer said. “Of course, they understand that this girl obviously didn’t defeat me in any debate.”
Shroyer continues to wonder why “the left” wasn’t as shocked as he was when she scolded him.
The InfoWars personality then devolved into name-calling the teen, dubbing her “vitriolic” and “petulant.”
“The left is literally lifting this girl up as a hero, and it’s just really sad to me,” he said. “They’re making fun of me, like, ‘Oh, Owen Shroyer was so shocked when he heard it.’ Yeah that’s shocking—when a young child comes up to you and curses at you like a vitriolic petulant child that has no discipline, that’s shocking.”
Owen Shroyer wants everyone to know that "vitriolic, petulant child" who called Infowars f-ing idiots "didn't defeat me in any debate" pic.twitter.com/E1LW3okoj1
— Timothy Johnson (@timothywjohnson) September 8, 2017
But Shroyer wasn’t the only one to make fun of a teenager.
Alex Jones, the far-right conspiracy theory peddler and head of InfoWars, addressed the clip and the fact that it quickly went viral. In an exhaustive rant, Jones said the teenager sounded like “John Belushi on PCP” and said she “acts basically like some thug woman.” Shroyer also reads scripture that he says he “found comforting” after the clip went viral across the internet.
Stay classy, InfoWars.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).