- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free 1 Year Ago
- ‘Larry Charles’ Dangerous World of Comedy’ finds the balance between tragedy and comedy 1 Year Ago
- How to stream Michael ‘Venom’ Page vs. Paul Daley for free Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the NBA Dunk Contest 2019 online for free Today 6:50 AM
- The best new TV shows to stream this weekend Today 6:00 AM
- Bug lets Twitter save your DMs—even after you delete them Friday 7:21 PM
- Guy mansplains song to Japanese Breakfast, the female artist who wrote the song Friday 6:38 PM
- Ann Coulter’s Twitter bio links to a vulgar parody account Friday 5:22 PM
- Popular YouTube music channel gets income yanked for ‘repetitious’ content Friday 4:14 PM
- New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI Friday 3:41 PM
- Man fakes getting stood up at Outback Steakhouse Friday 3:03 PM
- FCC looks to tackle robocalls and spoofed texts Friday 2:57 PM
- How to protect yourself from the data breach that affected 744 million accounts Friday 12:56 PM
- How to stream Rob Brant vs. Khasan Baysangurov online for free Friday 12:21 PM
- No, Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t have her boyfriend on her payroll Friday 12:20 PM
Alex Jones, InfoWars reporter name-call teen after viral interview clip
Stay classy, InfoWars.
The internet sparked up earlier this week when a video surfaced of a teenage girl being interviewed by Shroyer calling him a “fucking idiot” after he stopped her to do one of InfoWars’ infamous man-on-the-street interviews where they intentionally antagonize “leftists.”
“All my friends are seeing this now, this clip for whatever reason has reached the stratosphere more than anything I’ve ever done,” Shroyer said. “Of course, they understand that this girl obviously didn’t defeat me in any debate.”
Shroyer continues to wonder why “the left” wasn’t as shocked as he was when she scolded him.
The InfoWars personality then devolved into name-calling the teen, dubbing her “vitriolic” and “petulant.”
“The left is literally lifting this girl up as a hero, and it’s just really sad to me,” he said. “They’re making fun of me, like, ‘Oh, Owen Shroyer was so shocked when he heard it.’ Yeah that’s shocking—when a young child comes up to you and curses at you like a vitriolic petulant child that has no discipline, that’s shocking.”
Owen Shroyer wants everyone to know that "vitriolic, petulant child" who called Infowars f-ing idiots "didn't defeat me in any debate" pic.twitter.com/E1LW3okoj1
— Timothy Johnson (@timothywjohnson) September 8, 2017
But Shroyer wasn’t the only one to make fun of a teenager.
Alex Jones, the far-right conspiracy theory peddler and head of InfoWars, addressed the clip and the fact that it quickly went viral. In an exhaustive rant, Jones said the teenager sounded like “John Belushi on PCP” and said she “acts basically like some thug woman.” Shroyer also reads scripture that he says he “found comforting” after the clip went viral across the internet.
Stay classy, InfoWars.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).