- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Today 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Today 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Today 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
Alex Jones, InfoWars reporter name-call teen after viral interview clip
Stay classy, InfoWars.
The internet sparked up earlier this week when a video surfaced of a teenage girl being interviewed by Shroyer calling him a “fucking idiot” after he stopped her to do one of InfoWars’ infamous man-on-the-street interviews where they intentionally antagonize “leftists.”
“All my friends are seeing this now, this clip for whatever reason has reached the stratosphere more than anything I’ve ever done,” Shroyer said. “Of course, they understand that this girl obviously didn’t defeat me in any debate.”
Shroyer continues to wonder why “the left” wasn’t as shocked as he was when she scolded him.
The InfoWars personality then devolved into name-calling the teen, dubbing her “vitriolic” and “petulant.”
“The left is literally lifting this girl up as a hero, and it’s just really sad to me,” he said. “They’re making fun of me, like, ‘Oh, Owen Shroyer was so shocked when he heard it.’ Yeah that’s shocking—when a young child comes up to you and curses at you like a vitriolic petulant child that has no discipline, that’s shocking.”
Owen Shroyer wants everyone to know that "vitriolic, petulant child" who called Infowars f-ing idiots "didn't defeat me in any debate" pic.twitter.com/E1LW3okoj1
— Timothy Johnson (@timothywjohnson) September 8, 2017
But Shroyer wasn’t the only one to make fun of a teenager.
Alex Jones, the far-right conspiracy theory peddler and head of InfoWars, addressed the clip and the fact that it quickly went viral. In an exhaustive rant, Jones said the teenager sounded like “John Belushi on PCP” and said she “acts basically like some thug woman.” Shroyer also reads scripture that he says he “found comforting” after the clip went viral across the internet.
Stay classy, InfoWars.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).