- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Monday 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Monday 11:32 AM
Alex Jones, InfoWars reporter name-call teen after viral interview clip
Stay classy, InfoWars.
The internet sparked up earlier this week when a video surfaced of a teenage girl being interviewed by Shroyer calling him a “fucking idiot” after he stopped her to do one of InfoWars’ infamous man-on-the-street interviews where they intentionally antagonize “leftists.”
“All my friends are seeing this now, this clip for whatever reason has reached the stratosphere more than anything I’ve ever done,” Shroyer said. “Of course, they understand that this girl obviously didn’t defeat me in any debate.”
Shroyer continues to wonder why “the left” wasn’t as shocked as he was when she scolded him.
The InfoWars personality then devolved into name-calling the teen, dubbing her “vitriolic” and “petulant.”
“The left is literally lifting this girl up as a hero, and it’s just really sad to me,” he said. “They’re making fun of me, like, ‘Oh, Owen Shroyer was so shocked when he heard it.’ Yeah that’s shocking—when a young child comes up to you and curses at you like a vitriolic petulant child that has no discipline, that’s shocking.”
Owen Shroyer wants everyone to know that "vitriolic, petulant child" who called Infowars f-ing idiots "didn't defeat me in any debate" pic.twitter.com/E1LW3okoj1— Timothy Johnson (@timothywjohnson) September 8, 2017
But Shroyer wasn’t the only one to make fun of a teenager.
Alex Jones, the far-right conspiracy theory peddler and head of InfoWars, addressed the clip and the fact that it quickly went viral. In an exhaustive rant, Jones said the teenager sounded like “John Belushi on PCP” and said she “acts basically like some thug woman.” Shroyer also reads scripture that he says he “found comforting” after the clip went viral across the internet.
Stay classy, InfoWars.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).