- ‘Waves’ wrestles with the family drama and breaks it in half 2 Years Ago
- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished Wednesday 3:53 PM
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Wednesday 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Wednesday 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Wednesday 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Wednesday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision Wednesday 11:57 AM
President Donald Trump called the ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee, Rep. Adam Schiff, (D-Calif.) ”little’ on Twitter this morning after Schiff alleged that the White House possibly collaborated with Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) on his now public FISA memo.
Little Adam Schiff, who is desperate to run for higher office, is one of the biggest liars and leakers in Washington, right up there with Comey, Warner, Brennan and Clapper! Adam leaves closed committee hearings to illegally leak confidential information. Must be stopped!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 5, 2018
Trump’s tweet—accusing pretty much the entire previous administration’s intelligence leaders of a crime—comes after Schiff said on Sunday that it was “very possible” that Nunes worked with the White House to compile the FISA memo that accuses the intelligence community of having an anti-Trump basis and using false documents to obtain a warrant to surveilling a former Trump campaign official.
“I think it’s very possible his staff worked with the White House and coordinated the whole effort with the White House because it looks so much like this earlier effort, which we know was coordinated with the White House by the same chairman, who had said he would recuse himself but of course hasn’t,” Schiff said on ABC’s This Week.
Schiff is making reference to an earlier episode, where Trump accused former President Barack Obama of having his wires at Trump Tower tapped. A few days after, Nunes rushed to the White House to see classified documents that purportedly proved Trump’s claim.
After Nunes went to the White House, Democrats demanded Nunes recuse himself from his committee’s investigation into Russian meddling. Nunes did and the Ethics Committee investigated him for possibly leaking classified information.
Nunes was cleared in the investigation and resumed working on the Russia investigation.
After bashing Schiff this morning, Trump later called Nunes a “Great American Hero” for his work on the memo.
Representative Devin Nunes, a man of tremendous courage and grit, may someday be recognized as a Great American Hero for what he has exposed and what he has had to endure!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 5, 2018
If the White House did work with Nunes to produce a memo vindicating Trump, Schiff said it “could be evidence of the president’s intent to interfere with the investigation.”
H/T the Hill
This story has been updated.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]