- Gynecologist explains why garlic shouldn’t go in vaginas Wednesday 7:08 PM
- People on Twitter are posting the 5 weirdest jobs they’ve had for this meme Wednesday 6:48 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11’s Jax ends slavery—and gamers are pissed Wednesday 5:46 PM
- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines Wednesday 3:58 PM
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Wednesday 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Wednesday 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Wednesday 2:49 PM
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts Wednesday 2:23 PM
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Wednesday 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Wednesday 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Wednesday 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Wednesday 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Wednesday 10:52 AM
- Twitch star TF Blade banned for racial slur—but he swears he didn’t say it Wednesday 10:43 AM
Far-right group threatens violence if Stacey Abrams wins in Georgia
After weeks of contentious campaigning, threats, and racially charged attacks, Democratic candidate Stacey Abrams will take on Republican Brian Kemp to become Georgia’s next governor and America’s first female African American governor. If she should win, however, an extremist group calling themselves “III% Security Force Intel” are threatening violence.
According to numerous posts made to their Facebook page, the group has long stood against Abrams and her platform. A post made to the page on Monday evening reads “ELECTION DAY ROLL CALL repeat after me… ‘FUCK STACY (sic) ABRAMS AND FUCK DEM RATS’.”
This is far from the most shocking post made to the page. In recent weeks, the group seems to have grown more and more radicalized by the approach of the midterms, and the widely predicted “blue wave.” In a recent post, which was later edited, according to The Root, the group wrote to tell the world that they “have President Trump’s 6,” military slang for having his back.
“Monday you will see III% Security Force tell the world that We have President Trump’s 6. If commies win Tuesday and go forward with usurping and impeaching, you gotta come through III%. We will defend our President,” the post reads. “We want President Trump to kick the shit out of deep state / police state. And Stacy (sic) Abrams for Governor in Ga, you flag burning, gun grabbing, socialist bitch..we will defend our state from you, fuck you. Tune in Monday for the exclusive. Guns Up !”
The leader of the Georgia branch of III% Security Force Intel told Danish news outlet TV2 that, “Democrats are far more dangerous” than Islamic extremists. “They want to remove our weapons, and all we have to say is that they can just try.”
These threats of violence follow numerous attacks on Abrams and her campaign that have lasted the entirety of her run. The past few weeks alone have seen malfunctioning Georgia voting machines switching votes from Abrams to Kemp, a series of racist robocalls, and even an investigation into the state’s Democratic party by none other than Kemp himself.
These threats are the latest of the attempts to derail her campaign.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.