- ‘Fake plane challenge’ takes off on TikTok Monday 8:15 PM
- Video meme of a mom dancing with her kids goes viral—again Monday 7:26 PM
- ‘Due to personal reasons’ meme enables questionable behavior Monday 3:36 PM
- Why do white rappers write lyrics about being good hypothetical dads? Monday 3:29 PM
- Roger Stone posts, then deletes, Instagram of his judge with small crosshairs next to her Monday 2:32 PM
- People are Googling Rihanna and their birthday in a Twitter challenge Monday 2:13 PM
- Here are all of the Fortnite earthquake cracks thus far Monday 1:21 PM
- New Apex Legends characters leaked by data miners Monday 12:36 PM
- Ken Jeong falls back on crude humor and lazy stereotypes in ‘You Complete Me, Ho’ Monday 12:24 PM
- 14 artsy cartoon mugs that’ll help make your days more creative Monday 12:15 PM
- Netflix cancels ‘Jessica Jones’ and ‘The Punisher’ Monday 11:26 AM
- YouTube is fueling the rise in flat earth believers Monday 11:04 AM
- Review: Crackdown 3 is not a world worth saving Monday 11:00 AM
- Scathing privacy report calls Facebook a ‘digital gangster’ Monday 10:50 AM
- 21 Savage goes deep on 21 Savage memes Monday 10:49 AM
Michigan mayor allegedly calls black people ‘chimps’, old women ‘dried-up c**ts’
Mayor Jim Fouts is not new to controversy.
A Michigan mayor is coming under fire for comparing black people to chimps, using the N-word, and calling old women “dried-up cunts,” in a series of recordings released by the Motor City Muckraker today.
Though Warren Mayor Jim Fouts, who has also allegedly said discriminatory things against the disabled in the past, has denied that he is the man in the recordings, audio experts have claimed otherwise, says the Muckraker.
In one recording, the man believed to be Fouts says, “Blacks do look like chimpanzees. I was watching this black woman with her daughter and they looked like two chimps.”
He also straight-up drops the N word.
In another clip, he lets us know he is not into older women. Or, more specifically, “I’m not interested in any old ugly hag. I think after a certain age they are dried up, washed up, burned out.”
Then there is more on his feelings about older women. “They are pussies when they are young, and when they get older, they’re just mean, hateful dried-up cunts.”
On Facebook this afternoon, Fouts called the recordings “vile, vitriolic, phony,” and blamed McComb County executive Mark Hackel, who he’s been openly feuding with, for trying to slander him. He also noted that these recordings were released during the city’s Martin Luther King Jr. ceremony, which “dishonors” the civil rights leader’s memory.
Residents are asking the mayor to resign over the current leak. The Daily Dot has reached out the mayor’s office for comment but hasn’t heard back as of this posting.
Mayor Fouts isn’t new to controversy. In December, he was fired from his radio show for a set of recordings in which he called disabled people “dysfunctional human beings.”
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.