- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Saturday 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Saturday 5:30 AM
Michigan mayor allegedly calls black people ‘chimps’, old women ‘dried-up c**ts’
Mayor Jim Fouts is not new to controversy.
A Michigan mayor is coming under fire for comparing black people to chimps, using the N-word, and calling old women “dried-up cunts,” in a series of recordings released by the Motor City Muckraker today.
Though Warren Mayor Jim Fouts, who has also allegedly said discriminatory things against the disabled in the past, has denied that he is the man in the recordings, audio experts have claimed otherwise, says the Muckraker.
In one recording, the man believed to be Fouts says, “Blacks do look like chimpanzees. I was watching this black woman with her daughter and they looked like two chimps.”
He also straight-up drops the N word.
In another clip, he lets us know he is not into older women. Or, more specifically, “I’m not interested in any old ugly hag. I think after a certain age they are dried up, washed up, burned out.”
Then there is more on his feelings about older women. “They are pussies when they are young, and when they get older, they’re just mean, hateful dried-up cunts.”
On Facebook this afternoon, Fouts called the recordings “vile, vitriolic, phony,” and blamed McComb County executive Mark Hackel, who he’s been openly feuding with, for trying to slander him. He also noted that these recordings were released during the city’s Martin Luther King Jr. ceremony, which “dishonors” the civil rights leader’s memory.
Residents are asking the mayor to resign over the current leak. The Daily Dot has reached out the mayor’s office for comment but hasn’t heard back as of this posting.
Mayor Fouts isn’t new to controversy. In December, he was fired from his radio show for a set of recordings in which he called disabled people “dysfunctional human beings.”
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.