- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Monday 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Monday 11:32 AM
Michigan mayor allegedly calls black people ‘chimps’, old women ‘dried-up c**ts’
Mayor Jim Fouts is not new to controversy.
A Michigan mayor is coming under fire for comparing black people to chimps, using the N-word, and calling old women “dried-up cunts,” in a series of recordings released by the Motor City Muckraker today.
Though Warren Mayor Jim Fouts, who has also allegedly said discriminatory things against the disabled in the past, has denied that he is the man in the recordings, audio experts have claimed otherwise, says the Muckraker.
In one recording, the man believed to be Fouts says, “Blacks do look like chimpanzees. I was watching this black woman with her daughter and they looked like two chimps.”
He also straight-up drops the N word.
In another clip, he lets us know he is not into older women. Or, more specifically, “I’m not interested in any old ugly hag. I think after a certain age they are dried up, washed up, burned out.”
Then there is more on his feelings about older women. “They are pussies when they are young, and when they get older, they’re just mean, hateful dried-up cunts.”
On Facebook this afternoon, Fouts called the recordings “vile, vitriolic, phony,” and blamed McComb County executive Mark Hackel, who he’s been openly feuding with, for trying to slander him. He also noted that these recordings were released during the city’s Martin Luther King Jr. ceremony, which “dishonors” the civil rights leader’s memory.
Residents are asking the mayor to resign over the current leak. The Daily Dot has reached out the mayor’s office for comment but hasn’t heard back as of this posting.
Mayor Fouts isn’t new to controversy. In December, he was fired from his radio show for a set of recordings in which he called disabled people “dysfunctional human beings.”
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.