- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
A Michigan mayor is coming under fire for comparing black people to chimps, using the N-word, and calling old women “dried-up cunts,” in a series of recordings released by the Motor City Muckraker today.
Though Warren Mayor Jim Fouts, who has also allegedly said discriminatory things against the disabled in the past, has denied that he is the man in the recordings, audio experts have claimed otherwise, says the Muckraker.
In one recording, the man believed to be Fouts says, “Blacks do look like chimpanzees. I was watching this black woman with her daughter and they looked like two chimps.”
He also straight-up drops the N word.
In another clip, he lets us know he is not into older women. Or, more specifically, “I’m not interested in any old ugly hag. I think after a certain age they are dried up, washed up, burned out.”
Then there is more on his feelings about older women. “They are pussies when they are young, and when they get older, they’re just mean, hateful dried-up cunts.”
On Facebook this afternoon, Fouts called the recordings “vile, vitriolic, phony,” and blamed McComb County executive Mark Hackel, who he’s been openly feuding with, for trying to slander him. He also noted that these recordings were released during the city’s Martin Luther King Jr. ceremony, which “dishonors” the civil rights leader’s memory.
Residents are asking the mayor to resign over the current leak. The Daily Dot has reached out the mayor’s office for comment but hasn’t heard back as of this posting.
Mayor Fouts isn’t new to controversy. In December, he was fired from his radio show for a set of recordings in which he called disabled people “dysfunctional human beings.”
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.