- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server 3 Years Ago
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Today 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Today 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
Black veteran says he was booted from Chili’s at Trump supporter’s request
On Friday, a 47-year-old Army veteran went to a Chili’s in Texas for a free Veteran’s Day meal. Pretty standard stuff. Except Ernest Walker, who also happens to be a black man, says that while the waitress was packing up his meal to go, a customer in a Trump shirt started questioning if he was a veteran since Walker was wearing his hat indoors. The Trump supporter then went in the back of the restaurant, ostensively to complain, and soon the manager came out and questioned Walker as well.
Walker, who was also with his service dog named Barack, says he handed the manager, Wesley Patrick, his military ID and discharge papers. “At that point, he should have just said, ‘I am sorry Sir, thank you for your service,'” Walker wrote on Facebook. “Instead he followed up with ‘the guest also said your dog is not a service dog.'”
Patrick then took Walker’s food away and told him he had to leave, which is where his Facebook video picks up.
[Placeholder for https://www.facebook.com/100012925955468/videos/vb.100012925955468/209914146116116/?type=2&theater video embed.]
More than 6,000 people have shared Walker’s video and many are asking for Patrick to be fired. Chili’s has since posted on Facebook that it is looking into the incident and that the company “fell short.”
Photo via Ernest Blackbatman/Facebook
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.