- Popular YouTube channel in danger of disappearing because of copyright claims 2 Years Ago
- The Krassensteins’ Reddit AMA gets trolled off the internet 2 Years Ago
- No, Trump didn’t break open the Pizzagate scandal in 2011 Today 11:23 AM
- Producer of anti-abortion film says Facebook refuses to run his ads Today 10:58 AM
- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest Today 10:21 AM
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal Today 10:02 AM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg Today 9:40 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez helps Donkey Kong Twitch streamer raise money for trans rights Today 8:09 AM
- ‘Soni’ is a smart crime drama with poignant observations on inequality Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Arrow’ online for free Today 7:00 AM
- How a Barron Trump time traveling conspiracy keeps going viral Today 6:30 AM
- Swipe This! Will I be happier if I quit social media? Today 6:30 AM
- Free DVR makes Hulu with Live TV an even sweeter deal Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Black Lightning’ online for free Today 5:30 AM
- This ‘scientist’ learned what women find attractive by A/B testing his beard on Tinder Today 5:00 AM
‘I am like a ticking time bomb.’
Before they had even met, Winnie’s roommate was on a rampage.
Both women are incoming freshmen at UCLA—and both are in for an interesting first year. The roommate, identified as Ashly, sent Winnie and their other roommate, Guistinna, an email with a list of demands, which included a top bunk, a white closet, and no nonsense.
The email reads:
Okay so I’m not sure why neither of you responded back to my emails, but I don’t really care as long as you both know this and understand that I’m not going to settle for anything less than what I’m gonna tell you that I’m gonna get once I arrive in the dorm. I’ll take the top bunk. I DO NOT want the single bunk where it has a desk underneath the top bunk so don’t try to leave me that. I’m also taking one of the white closets. There should be two white closes and I’m taking one of them. I don’t care which one it is, just know I’m taking one of them.
I want the desk that’s near the window. Plain and simple. I don’t care about who gets the bottom bunk but just know that what I stated above is what I’m expecting once I arrive at the dorm and I won’t be in the mood for any arguing or other nonsense because one of you two decided to deliberately disregard this email. If needed be I’ll turn it into a bigger situation so don’t try me.
Sorry but not that sorry for the attitude. I don’t like being ignored because that’s just rude but that’s what you both decided to do so I decided to make it clear now on the kind of person I am and what I will and will not take.
So as a final reminder: I am getting the top bunk of the bunk bed with the bed on the bottom, I am getting one of the white closes and I’m getting the desk near the window. That’s fair enough to ask considering that I’m giving up fighting for the top bunk.
Since Winnie shared the email on Twitter, it has been retweeted over 2,500 times.
Winnie also shared the followup emails from Guistinna, which attempted to put Ashly in her place. “GIIIRRRL, WE HAVEN’T EVEN MET YET,” she responds. “But at this rate, I don’t even think I wanna meet you anymore. #SORRYBUTNOTTHATSORRY.”
Then there was Ashly’s reply, where she calls herself, no joke, “a ticking time bomb” when “certain things I don’t like happen to me.”
The internet was not a fan of Ashly’s demands and encouraged Winnie to get a new roommate. But it seems like for now, the girls are stuck together.
And tomorrow’s the big move-in day.
Moving in on Thursday and I haven’t packed 😭
— Winnie (@miniwinnieee) September 14, 2016
Good luck, ladies!
Correction: In a previous version, we mistook Guistinna for Ashly. We regret the error.
H/T NY Post
Lyz Lenz is currently the managing editor of the Rumpus. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Jezebel, the Columbia Journalism Review, and Mashable.