- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Today 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Today 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Today 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Today 12:43 PM
- Uber says it will audio-record rides to address safety concerns Today 12:41 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ writers go in-depth on how they decided which superheroes lived and died Today 12:22 PM
- How to watch Duke vs. Cal in the 2K Empire classic Today 12:09 PM
- Trump’s impeachment notes get riffed into punk songs Today 12:01 PM
- Pete Buttigieg can’t do the Pete Buttigieg dance Today 11:55 AM
- How a woman’s cold ‘rejection form’ text message became an ’emotional labor’ meme Today 11:52 AM
- How to watch Texas vs. Georgetown in the 2K Empire classic Today 11:40 AM
- Apple cancels premiere of original film ‘The Banker’ amid sexual abuse allegations Today 11:25 AM
- Congress passes bill to safeguard Hong Kong, protesters Today 11:15 AM
- Conquer Black Friday and Cyber Monday, whether you’re shopping online or IRL Today 10:40 AM
- #DeadUploadDay: YouTubers fight new rules for monetizing kids videos Today 10:39 AM
Anyone with even the gentlest curl in their hair knows that good hair products are hard to find, and even harder to keep. So when you see a product working well on someone, you ask and just pray that person will reveal their hair care secrets. To figure out what edge control product Serena Williams uses, other Black women went straight to the most accessible source—her husband, Alexis Ohanian.
On Twitter, a user named Tracy tweeted at Ohanion, asking him to go into his and Williams’ bathroom to see what edge control Williams uses, begging him, “We MUST know what keeps Cousin Serena’s edges LAID through all those games!”
Hey Cousin @alexisohanian, we need you to do us a HUGE favor! Can you dip into the bathroom and let us know what edge control @serenawilliams uses? We MUST know what keeps Cousin Serena’s edges LAID through all those games!— Tracy (@TraBoogie) September 18, 2018
Another woman chimed in, “I was just saying to a friend that her edges are always looking so good.”
A third woman, Anno Tshipa, was waiting with bated breath, marveling that Williams’ edges appear to remain perfect even through “over two hours of sweat, humidity, toweling!”
And wow, did Ohanian come through. Or, he at least, he tried to. In a tweet replying to all three women, Ohanian shared a screenshot of the text messages between him and Serena, with Ohanian opening, “Why are your edges so good?”
“Eh???” she responds, to which he explains that women on Twitter had been asking him.
“Oh lol cause I use a new gel I just discovered,” she replies with two shrugging emoji.
“Yessss. What’s it called?” he asks, perhaps finally getting to the moment of truth!
Alas, some confidences are too powerful to reveal.
“‘Serena’s secret,'” she replies.
Perhaps the world may never know what keeps Williams’ edges laid during the most intense physical feats, but at least Ohanian tried.
Well, you tried. I just hope she's working on a new product line because this Louisiana humidity is no joke. We need the good stuff too.— The T.Kae Experience (@TKaeExperience) September 19, 2018
H/T the Cut
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.