- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Monday 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Monday 11:32 AM
Twitter recruits Serena Williams’ husband to find the secret to her good edges
Anyone with even the gentlest curl in their hair knows that good hair products are hard to find, and even harder to keep. So when you see a product working well on someone, you ask and just pray that person will reveal their hair care secrets. To figure out what edge control product Serena Williams uses, other Black women went straight to the most accessible source—her husband, Alexis Ohanian.
On Twitter, a user named Tracy tweeted at Ohanion, asking him to go into his and Williams’ bathroom to see what edge control Williams uses, begging him, “We MUST know what keeps Cousin Serena’s edges LAID through all those games!”
Hey Cousin @alexisohanian, we need you to do us a HUGE favor! Can you dip into the bathroom and let us know what edge control @serenawilliams uses? We MUST know what keeps Cousin Serena’s edges LAID through all those games!— Tracy (@TraBoogie) September 18, 2018
Another woman chimed in, “I was just saying to a friend that her edges are always looking so good.”
A third woman, Anno Tshipa, was waiting with bated breath, marveling that Williams’ edges appear to remain perfect even through “over two hours of sweat, humidity, toweling!”
And wow, did Ohanian come through. Or, he at least, he tried to. In a tweet replying to all three women, Ohanian shared a screenshot of the text messages between him and Serena, with Ohanian opening, “Why are your edges so good?”
“Eh???” she responds, to which he explains that women on Twitter had been asking him.
“Oh lol cause I use a new gel I just discovered,” she replies with two shrugging emoji.
“Yessss. What’s it called?” he asks, perhaps finally getting to the moment of truth!
Alas, some confidences are too powerful to reveal.
“‘Serena’s secret,'” she replies.
Perhaps the world may never know what keeps Williams’ edges laid during the most intense physical feats, but at least Ohanian tried.
Well, you tried. I just hope she's working on a new product line because this Louisiana humidity is no joke. We need the good stuff too.— The T.Kae Experience (@TKaeExperience) September 19, 2018
H/T the Cut
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.