- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Tuesday 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Tuesday 11:04 AM
- Senator proposes Do Not Track bill to allow consumers to opt out of data gathering Tuesday 10:54 AM
- The Queen of the North likes to Juul Tuesday 10:36 AM
Twitter recruits Serena Williams’ husband to find the secret to her good edges
Anyone with even the gentlest curl in their hair knows that good hair products are hard to find, and even harder to keep. So when you see a product working well on someone, you ask and just pray that person will reveal their hair care secrets. To figure out what edge control product Serena Williams uses, other Black women went straight to the most accessible source—her husband, Alexis Ohanian.
On Twitter, a user named Tracy tweeted at Ohanion, asking him to go into his and Williams’ bathroom to see what edge control Williams uses, begging him, “We MUST know what keeps Cousin Serena’s edges LAID through all those games!”
Hey Cousin @alexisohanian, we need you to do us a HUGE favor! Can you dip into the bathroom and let us know what edge control @serenawilliams uses? We MUST know what keeps Cousin Serena’s edges LAID through all those games!
— Tracy (@TraBoogie) September 18, 2018
Another woman chimed in, “I was just saying to a friend that her edges are always looking so good.”
A third woman, Anno Tshipa, was waiting with bated breath, marveling that Williams’ edges appear to remain perfect even through “over two hours of sweat, humidity, toweling!”
And wow, did Ohanian come through. Or, he at least, he tried to. In a tweet replying to all three women, Ohanian shared a screenshot of the text messages between him and Serena, with Ohanian opening, “Why are your edges so good?”
“Eh???” she responds, to which he explains that women on Twitter had been asking him.
“Oh lol cause I use a new gel I just discovered,” she replies with two shrugging emoji.
“Yessss. What’s it called?” he asks, perhaps finally getting to the moment of truth!
Alas, some confidences are too powerful to reveal.
“‘Serena’s secret,'” she replies.
Perhaps the world may never know what keeps Williams’ edges laid during the most intense physical feats, but at least Ohanian tried.
Well, you tried. I just hope she's working on a new product line because this Louisiana humidity is no joke. We need the good stuff too.
— The T.Kae Experience (@TKaeExperience) September 19, 2018
H/T the Cut
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.