- Disney+ goes down on launch day 5 Months Ago
- Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader shine in Disney+ Christmas movie ‘Noelle’ 5 Months Ago
- What to do if you’ve lost your AirPods charging case 5 Months Ago
- Stephen Miller’s racist emails leak Today 11:20 AM
- Why was parody Twitter account Seinfeld2000 suspended? Today 11:06 AM
- Ed Sheeran lookalike trolls YouTubers at KSI-Logan Paul fight Today 10:21 AM
- ‘The World According to Jeff Goldblum’ is for stans only Today 9:28 AM
- The ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ live-action redesign is a marked improvement Today 9:01 AM
- U.S. gamers create as much carbon dioxide as 5 million cars Today 8:28 AM
- Disney+ TV characters like Ms. Marvel will appear in MCU movies Today 8:04 AM
- Apple TV+ offers something for younger viewers with ‘Helpsters’ Today 8:01 AM
- How to watch ‘The Mandalorian’ Today 7:34 AM
- ‘Snoopy in Space’ is a delightful kids show that parents will love too Today 7:08 AM
- How to watch ‘Lady and the Tramp’ Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Let It Snow’ delivers a stocking full of rom-com coal Today 6:41 AM
It seems Twitter backed down after mistakenly picking a fight with a higher power.
This week, writer-producer David Javerbaum, whose Twitter handle and display are @TheTweetOfGod and “God,” respectively was suspended from the social site after tweeting in support of the LGBTQ community.
“If gay people are a mistake, they’re a mistake I’ve made hundreds of millions of times, which proves I’m incompetent and shouldn’t be relied upon for anything,” he tweeted.
If gay people are a mistake, they're a mistake I've made hundreds of millions of times, which proves I'm incompetent and shouldn't be relied upon for anything.— God (@TheTweetOfGod) June 11, 2019
Despite getting praise and thousands of retweets, Twitter suspended the account for “violating rules against hateful conduct.”
What the fuck, Twitter.— God (@TheTweetOfGod) June 11, 2019
What the fuck.
What the fuck is this. pic.twitter.com/NQwcRXFWg7
Shortly after, Twitter issued a statement to God saying its support team had made an “error” and later determined there was “no violation.”
God, however, was less than impressed.
“Please,” God responded to the statement. “Don’t try to make all kissy-kissy with Me now, Twitter. It’s too late. You messed with the wrong Near Eastern Bronze Age sky-father-king projection. By the time I’m done with you, MYSPACE will laugh at your relevance.”
"Hello God".— God (@TheTweetOfGod) June 11, 2019
Don't try to make all kissy-kissy with Me now, Twitter. It's too late.
You messed with the wrong Near Eastern Bronze Age sky-father-king projection.
By the time I'm done with you, MYSPACE will laugh at your relevance. pic.twitter.com/5tasH3X0t4
Stay in your lane, Twitter.
- ‘You were at my wedding Denise’ stirs controversy again with ‘lubed legs’ tweet
- Woman’s horrific restaurant experience highlights the ableism of plastic straw bans
- The construction dad Instagram influencer was just an elaborate marketing stunt
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.