- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
- Reddit mods restore Tiananmen Square image after censorship claims Thursday 12:18 PM
Trump Dating (the URL is literally trump.dating) wants to ensure the MAGA lovers out there have a little fun too, just in case Patrio and Hannidate weren’t doing the trick. It has all the usual trappings of an online dating site—including, curiously, an option for singles to mark themselves as liberals—but the site has a few interesting features that you might want to know about before you sign up.
1) You have to be straight to join
Competing Trump-centric dating site TrumpSingles.com allows users to specify whether they are a man or woman and whether they’re interested in men or women. It’s not particularly accommodating of genderfluid or bisexual users, but it does at least allow for gay and lesbian users—which is helpful, considering there are plenty of gay white men who voted for Trump.
On Trump Dating, there’s just one drop-down menu with two options: You can be a straight man or a straight woman, and that’s it.
2) Married folks can sign up
The second page of the signup form gets a little more complicated, including a box for marital status alongside a half-dozen physical descriptors like height, body type, and hair color. Under the marital status question, users can pick from a range of answers including “single — never married,” “separated,” “widowed,” “have a significant other,” “happily married,” and “unhappily married.” As Weekly Standard editor Jim Smith jokes, this is perhaps in keeping with the standards of President Donald Trump himself, who is accused of having an extramarital affair with porn star Stormy Daniels shortly after his wife Melania gave birth to their son, Barron, as well as Playboy model Karen McDougal.
They let you join if you are happily married, just like the man himself! pic.twitter.com/NlhYRCIBql— Jim Swift (@JSwiftTWS) February 17, 2018
3) It might be a scam
The terms of service reveal that Trump Dating is a part of the Friends Worldwide, Inc. Integrated Dating Network. (The Match.com network locked down the URL TrumpPeopleMeet.com way back in 2016 but has yet to put a live site up at that address.)
The Better Business Bureau has received half a dozen complaints from customers about Friends Worldwide, each of which alleges the company has fraudulently charged the customer’s credit card for a number of months. According to Business Insider, you can “wink” at another user for free, but you’ll have to shell out some cash to message anyone else. Premium plans range from $24.95 for a single month to $13.95 for a six-month commitment.
4) It has some unpopular users
As Twitter users began circulating the site over the weekend, several started filling out the forms out of curiosity, only to find that some questionable usernames were already in use. Things like putin, hitler, snowflake, satan, trump, and suckmydick were already in use, though we’re 80 percent sure those are just trolls who thought the name would be funny. Also in use? Usernames you wouldn’t expect to go over very well on a site for Trump fans: trumpsucks, trumpisdumb, and fucktrump were all already taken. AnnCoulter and TomiLahren were both up for grabs as of this writing.
Haha....looks like we’ve got a match!! pic.twitter.com/twOWbipVRH— Tricia (@coobyd_tricia) February 17, 2018
Dude... pic.twitter.com/A5ILLnoWrP— nick jones (@easilydissolved) February 17, 2018
5) Trump Dating might be anti-Semitic
The dating site’s homepage brags that it can help you “Find The America First Partner Of Your Dreams.” While “America First” is a phrase Trump has used repeatedly in his speeches throughout his candidacy and presidency, it has also been linked to World War II-era anti-Semitism and white nationalism.
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.