- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Friday 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Friday 10:30 AM
Tony Robbins reportedly sexually assaulted a minor at a summer camp in California in 1985, according to a BuzzFeed News investigation.
Robbins, a renowned self-help guru, was a speaker at an elite California camp in 1985. Attendees of the camp said they caught him pinning down a teenage girl and forcing himself on her, BuzzFeed reported in its six-part investigation on Friday.
Robbins, who sits on a host of accusations of racism and abuse of his staff members, has denied claims of abusing a minor.
Robbins’ lawyers told BuzzFeed that “no sexual assault happened. Period.”
The latest allegation is the first time he’s been accused of sexual assault of a minor and the first time there were eyewitnesses. The survivor, who BuzzFeed did not identify due to privacy concerns, was under the age of 18 at the time of the assault.
The survivor, referred to as Elle in the report, said Robbins asked to take a walk with her after their last session at SuperCamp was complete, and once they reached a clearing, he forcefully fondled her breasts and kissed her.
Nine other members from the camp—including attendees and staff members—said they remember being told about this assault either from the survivor or directly from Robbins. More than 30 people from the camp that summer have said they heard of such an account secondhand. BuzzFeed also published a diary entry by a camper from the time who wrote in her journal about Robbins “molesting a girl.”
On Friday, Robbins said he’s suing BuzzFeed News for the media organization’s “premeditated and malicious campaign against me and my life’s work.”
“Far from the watchdogs they once were, too many members of today’s tabloid and entertainment media ignore traditional journalistic ethics, values and standards,” he wrote in the Medium post.
- Joycelyn Savage says she’s a ‘victim’ of R. Kelly
- Professor put on blast for ‘racist, sexist, and homophobic’ tweets to continue teaching
- Lyft driver attacks female passenger after she refused to turn off music
H/T BuzzFeed News
Samira Sadeque is a New York-based journalist reporting on immigration, sexual violence, and mental health, and will sometimes write about memes and dinosaurs too. Her work also appears in Reuters, NPR, and NBC among other publications. She graduated from Columbia Journalism School, and her work has been nominated for SAJA awards. Follow: @Samideque