- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Saturday 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Saturday 10:32 AM
- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Saturday 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Saturday 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
A group of heterosexual men are trying to organize a “straight pride” parade to celebrate their straightness during Pride Month. None other than far-right personality Tomi Lahren is stoked about the groundbreaking concept.
“Why is it so taboo nowadays to recognize or be proud of heterosexuality?” Lahren asks on the streaming service Fox Nation.
Fox host touts "straight pride parade" organized by a far right group founded by a white nationalist: "It's open season on straight white men in this country" pic.twitter.com/AMbCCFF0dC— John Whitehouse (@existentialfish) June 6, 2019
Lahren made sure to note she has “no issue with LGBT people being proud of who they are,” but still, she “could do without seeing men in speedos and buttless chaps parading through the streets.”
The parade is being organized by the far-right, white-nationalist led group Super Fun Happy America, which “advocates on behalf of the straight community.” The groundbreaking concept was met with jokes and confusion when the organizers announced what they were planning.
“Straight people are an oppressed majority,” John Hugo, President of Super Happy Fun America, wrote on the group’s website.
It seems Lahren agrees with that sentiment because she claims straight, white men are the real victims here.
“Don’t forget, it is open season on straight white men in this country and y’all aren’t allowed to celebrate your straightness,” Lahren exclaimed.
Twitter users quickly shut Lahren down–almost as quickly as they shut down the straight pride parade.
“Had no idea I was being persecuted. Opening GoFundMe account tonight. Thanks Tomi,” one straight, white male quipped in response to seeing the video.
@TomiLahren Oh tami you are so wrong. Again. As usual. Straight white men are the group that is the most protected and haven’t had to fight for basic rights. Housing, voting etc. etc. Your comments one again prove your ignorance. Educate yourself. https://t.co/ds5UdqGNZH— Michele Garron (@bassm67) June 6, 2019
Had no idea I was being persecuted. Opening GoFundMe account tonight. Thanks Tomi!— Jack Kuenzie (@JKuenzie) June 6, 2019
Another Twitter user pointed out that the group’s vice president, Mark Sahady, is an active member of the far-right group, Resist Marxism.
“Isn’t it funny how the so-called loving and tolerant leftists and members of the LGBT community demand respect for their events and celebrations, but are so quick to diminish, demonize, and mock groups they disagree with?” Lahren asked.
Because of course @TomiLahren - who has a history of using racist language and arguments - is supporting #StraightPride, organized by a guy who has ties to neo-Nazis, white supremacy and the Charlottesville event.https://t.co/cow78ta3rU— Tim Peacock (@TimAPeacock) June 6, 2019
- Twitter is absolutely dragging this ‘straight pride parade’
- Catholic Bishop gets roasted for hypocritical anti-LGBTQ, Pride Month tweet
- Tomi Lahren says the Alabama abortion ban is ‘too restrictive’
- Tomi Lahren, Nicki Minaj feud about 21 Savage on Twitter
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
H/T the Daily Beast
Caitlin Davis is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and Arabic at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and the Austin Chronicle.