- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Monday 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Monday 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Monday 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Monday 12:22 PM
- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits Monday 11:47 AM
Seriously though, which color nail polish matches this damn shoe?
‘The Shoe’ is the new ‘The Dress’ and we’re not happy about it either.
Remember “The Dress?” If you used the Internet in the final days of February, you will definitely recall the mysteriously colored garment that caused rifts in friendships, became a pickup line on Tinder, and slowly drove Web denizens out of their gourds.
Prepare to have your brain melted once more, this time with The Shoe.
Twitter users are going bananas trying to figure out if the color of the shoe is closer to the nail polish on the right or the bottle on the left. And it’s giving people everywhere Blue and White vs. Black and Gold post-traumatic stress.
@totallymendes this hurts my head lol
— M E L (@melissatorres0) July 8, 2015
@totallymendes THIS IS REALLY TRIPPING ME OUT
— julia/j refollow:) (@icedoutjacks) July 8, 2015
@JACKGILINQT @totallymendes i know it like changes it’s freaking me out
— ? (@devotedpurpose) July 8, 2015
@landisreed @totallymendes its the dress all over again shit
— kiera?? (@BADDIEOGOC) July 8, 2015
@totallymendes it’s literally changing colors what sorcery is this. This shit is apart of the illuminati! I don’t fuck with that
— Lauren Urena (@LaurenUrena) July 8, 2015
Some felt confident in their answer.
@totallymendes right 😎
— lauren (@Iaurendonoghue) July 8, 2015
@totallymendes the one on the right!!
— lau I MET THEM (@SHAWNSLEVIS) July 8, 2015
@totallymendes the one on the left!
— daph (@chiefmendes) July 8, 2015
@totallymendes definitely left
— robin (@lukeftrobin) July 8, 2015
But thankfully for our brains and our sanity, a pattern began to emerge.
@totallymendes just mix the two nail polishes haha
— Hailey (@Xbasicallyshawn) July 8, 2015
@totallymendes HOLY SHIT BOTH!
— V (@TogetherMendes) July 8, 2015
— ?Yammouni Babe? (@SARAHIMELENDEZ) July 8, 2015
@totallymendes mix em
— rose (@beckysynthesis) July 8, 2015
— andrea (@MANlLABAE) July 8, 2015
While this is still a bit of a mind fuck, unlike with the dress debacle in which your eyes forced you to pick a side, the Shoe offers a Kinsey-like scale of definition. Maybe you see it as a little more pink. Or perhaps you swing on the purple side. The Internet accepts you just as you are.
And to the owner of this shoe: please log offline. Forever.
Marisa Kabas is a lifestyle reporter and activist. Her work has been published by Fusion, Fast Company, and Today. She’s also served as an editorial campaigns director for Purpose PBC, a social movement incubator.