- More than 40 colleges say they won’t use facial recognition on campus 5 Years Ago
- LeBron’s Instagram tribute to Kobe is devastating Today 7:56 AM
- ‘Rise of Empires: Ottoman’ is ‘Game of Thrones’ for history buffs Today 7:00 AM
- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash mocked in teen’s TikTok video Monday 6:38 PM
- Chiefs, Bears, Packers have Twitter accounts hacked Monday 3:48 PM
- Washington Post reporter suspended amid backlash over Kobe Bryant tweet Monday 3:08 PM
- America is united in hating Ken Starr’s impeachment hat Monday 3:01 PM
- In ‘Cuties,’ the contradictions of growing up come to a head Monday 1:55 PM
- Racist tweets blame fruit bat soup for coronavirus Monday 1:25 PM
- What is the #ILeftTheGOP movement? Monday 1:21 PM
- The Grammys were weird and sad—but the Billy Porter hat memes offered some levity Monday 12:36 PM
- Auschwitz Museum calls on Facebook to ban Holocaust denialism Monday 11:59 AM
- YouTuber who said his girlfriend was dead now says he faked it Monday 11:42 AM
- Review: Kentucky Route Zero is one of the most magical games ever made Monday 11:00 AM
Swedish pop star Zara Larsson proves just how strong condoms really are
She’s here to show you that the glove fits.
Guys, check your manhood at the door and take a seat. It’s time for a lesson in the elastic qualities of latex. Your instructor today? The 17-year-old Swedish singer Zara Larsson.
The sophic pop star took to Instagram on Monday to educate any man who has ever bemoaned how suffocating the confines of a condom can be with a demonstration of their tensile strength. Rather than use the traditional banana or cucumber, the winner of the Swedish version of Britain’s Got Talent choose to stuff an appendage of her own into a rubber for the demonstration.
After stuffing her leg up to her knee into a condom, Larsson photographed the feat and posted it to Instagram with the caption “To all the guys saying ‘my dick is too big for condoms’ TAKE A SEAT”
A photo posted by Zara Larsson (@zaralarsson) on
Since then, the singer and her leg have become a bit of a viral sensation, earning over 55,000 likes and thousands of comments. Some papers and media outlets even went so far to hail Larsson and her latex covered leg as feminist heroes. But according to a post on her personal blog, that was never the intention. “I did it as a fun thing only,” she wrote. “Then I see how newspapers write about what feminist genius I am!”
Though she’s comfortable with the spotlight on stage, she certainly shies away from being exalted when their are real girls furthering the cause of women out there.
I, personally, do not consider myself to be some kind of Holy Mary of feminism. It’s kind of just been so for unknown reasons. I am fully aware that there are many, many girls who are better than me at this so extremely many ways and who receive little attention.
She’s humble, funny, and she can stuff her leg into a condom. Zara Larsson, never change.
H/T Buzzfeed | Photo via Frankie Fouganthin/WikimediaCommons (CC BY-SA 3.0)
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.