- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ unmasks the time-traveling Red Angel Thursday 8:30 PM
- Everyone is making memes of Meghan McCain saying ‘my father’ on loop Thursday 8:11 PM
- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Thursday 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Thursday 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Thursday 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Thursday 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Thursday 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Thursday 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Thursday 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Thursday 11:33 AM
Substitute teacher fired over alleged sexual battery, sending nudes to students
Steven Martin/Flickr (CC-BY)
Multiple victims say she sent them nudes over Snapchat.
A substitute teacher in Inverness, Florida, has been arrested and charged with sexual battery after allegedly sending nudes and performing a sex act on a minor.
According to the Citrus County School District, a principal at Citrus High School had become aware of the allegations, reporting short-term substitute Angela Cone-Stanton to both the authorities and the school district on Tuesday. One victim told police that Cone-Stanton, 50, sent him nudes via Snapchat last year when he was 15, according to the Citrus County Chronicle, and then came over to his house and performed a sex act on him. Other victims told police that she had sent them either partially or fully nude photos via text or Snapchat.
Cone-Stanton was arrested Wednesday after somewhat corroborating the victims’ statements, the Chronicle reports. The Citrus County School District also “released her from her position” as a short-term substitute in the athletics department.
“This is an unfortunate and sad situation,” Superintendent Sam Himmel said in the district’s Facebook post announcing the arrest. “However, there is no reason to believe that any inappropriate behavior with our students occurred on any of our school campuses.”
Cone-Stanton was also involved with the local cheerleading and football organizations and has since been removed from those roles, too, according to the Chronicle, and has been barred from school campuses. She faces up to 20 years in prison on felony charges of lewd and lascivious battery on a person 12-16 years old, and of knowingly transmitting information harmful to minors.
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.