- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast 12 Months Ago
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Today 10:57 AM
- Glenn Greenwald charged with cybercrimes in Brazil Today 10:48 AM
- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money Today 10:06 AM
- White rapper punched in the face for saying the N-word during battle Today 9:21 AM
- Hillary Clinton blasts Bernie Sanders, says ‘nobody likes him’ Today 8:57 AM
- Someone found Harry Styles’ doppelganger—and TikTok is obsessed Today 8:08 AM
- Patrick Stewart has spoken to Kevin Feige about playing Professor X again Today 7:16 AM
- ‘Shrill’ season 2 expands its world and point of view Today 7:00 AM
- Trans/Sex: Let trans art be messy, weird, and uncomfortable Today 6:00 AM
- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
A substitute teacher in Inverness, Florida, has been arrested and charged with sexual battery after allegedly sending nudes and performing a sex act on a minor.
According to the Citrus County School District, a principal at Citrus High School had become aware of the allegations, reporting short-term substitute Angela Cone-Stanton to both the authorities and the school district on Tuesday. One victim told police that Cone-Stanton, 50, sent him nudes via Snapchat last year when he was 15, according to the Citrus County Chronicle, and then came over to his house and performed a sex act on him. Other victims told police that she had sent them either partially or fully nude photos via text or Snapchat.
Cone-Stanton was arrested Wednesday after somewhat corroborating the victims’ statements, the Chronicle reports. The Citrus County School District also “released her from her position” as a short-term substitute in the athletics department.
“This is an unfortunate and sad situation,” Superintendent Sam Himmel said in the district’s Facebook post announcing the arrest. “However, there is no reason to believe that any inappropriate behavior with our students occurred on any of our school campuses.”
Cone-Stanton was also involved with the local cheerleading and football organizations and has since been removed from those roles, too, according to the Chronicle, and has been barred from school campuses. She faces up to 20 years in prison on felony charges of lewd and lascivious battery on a person 12-16 years old, and of knowingly transmitting information harmful to minors.
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.