- R. Kelly charged in Chicago with multiple counts of sex abuse Friday 7:51 PM
- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
- Amy Klobuchar reportedly ate salad with a comb, and Twitter’s got questions Friday 2:47 PM
- Nobody likes Spotify’s new update Friday 2:34 PM
- Student assaulted on campus while tabling for right-wing group Friday 1:56 PM
- Kim Kardashian West sues fashion company for using her likeness to sell clothes Friday 1:12 PM
- The Oscar-nominated movies you’ll actually want to watch again Friday 12:56 PM
- Viral graphic shows the moment Apple became the top brand Friday 12:27 PM
- Jake Paul calls out KSI for a YouTube boxing match Friday 11:31 AM
- This elementary school made students play ‘runaway slave’ Friday 11:20 AM
- ‘Captain Marvel’ is already a box office hit Friday 11:06 AM
- This ‘buff bunny vs. small bunny’ meme is here for when you’re feeling inferior Friday 10:53 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez slams trolls who come at her with ‘weak’ memes Friday 10:52 AM
A Washington, Louisiana, substitute teacher has been arrested after allegedly having sex with an underage student. The high school sub, 25-year-old Constance Robertson, was implicated by a recording that the 16-year-old had taken on his cellphone, according to KATC News.
The alleged sexual misconduct between the student and teacher took place on Oct. 5 during a school-wide pep rally, while other students and faculty were in the gym and Robertson and the student were in the classroom. The student had later showed the video he had taken of the incident to other students, the information then spreading to administrators, who notified the authorities.
Port Barre police issued a search warrant for the student’s phone and recovered the video of the incident. Robertson was arrested for felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile on Oct. 15 in a classroom, but was handcuffed outside and away from the students. Despite the abuse of power that took place between a teacher and student, Robertson told police she thought the student was 18 years old, not 16.
- A plain and simple guide to understanding consent
- What it’s like to work in the sex industry in the wake of #MeToo
- Everything you need to know about the anti-harassment initiative Time’s Up
According to a statement from the St. Landry Parish School System, Robertson has been a substitute teacher within the system since May 2017 and had no previous reported incidents. She’s been “removed” from working as a substitute. Robertson, if convicted, faces a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison, and a $5,000 fine, according to Newsweek.
H/T Daily Mail
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.