- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free 5 Years Ago
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Today 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Today 5:30 AM
- PDF Association dunks on Mueller report PDF Friday 7:33 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Friday 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Friday 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Friday 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Friday 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Friday 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Friday 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Friday 12:00 PM
Sure makes you want to go get some fresh air, doesn’t it?
Good morning, this is gross.
You’re looking at the expansion and contraction of two lungs—one of which came into first-degree contact with cigarettes, the other of which didn’t.
We’ll give you five minutes to guess which one’s which.
These types of comparisons have been flooding anti-smoking campaigns for years; just type “smoker’s lung” into Google to get a good read on how vast the effort’s become. Something about the robustness of the good lung’s expansion juxtaposed against the undeniable struggle going on with that smoked-out lung really hammers the point home.
Here’s hoping you didn’t open this story during your smoke break.
Photo via Hey Paul Studios/Flickr
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.