- The shocking similarities between QAnon’s ‘Storm’ and the far-right’s ‘Second Civil War’ 2 Years Ago
- Healsluts are challenging gaming to make room for queer, kinky self-discovery 2 Years Ago
- Does ‘Avengers: Endgame’ have a post-credits scene? 2 Years Ago
- Sling TV Latino es esencial para quienes están hartos de la televisión por cable Today 5:00 AM
- Daenerys’ passive-aggressive smile is a very relatable meme Tuesday 11:18 PM
- Kentucky food truck repurposes ‘LGBTQ’ to support Trump, BBQ Tuesday 8:47 PM
- Trump complains about his Twitter follower count to Jack Dorsey Tuesday 6:34 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ sticks the devastating landing—and gives you time to grieve Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Teen hits Apple with $1 billion lawsuit over alleged face recognition arrest Tuesday 4:48 PM
- John Cornyn tried to attack Patton Oswalt for his old tweets and failed miserably Tuesday 4:29 PM
- Logan Paul is selling a pillow of his dead dog—for a good cause Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Study: Too much Netflix, not enough ‘chill’ Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Pete Buttigieg under fire for saying incarcerated Americans shouldn’t be allowed to vote Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Vine’s co-founder is beta testing a new app called Byte Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Report: Joe Biden’s first 2020 fundraiser will be with a Comcast executive Tuesday 2:49 PM
This doesn’t have to be hard.
If you’ve never received an emoji sext, it can be a confusing experience. Why is this person I have a crush on sending me a peach getting smacked? What does that have to do with getting funky? Here’s the thing: Sexting with emoji, if you’re good at it, is about storytelling. There’s already something inherently funny about using a cartoon of an eggplant to try and get laid. Embrace that bizarre fact, and you’ll be good.
But before you can tell a story, you need to know the basics.
The basics of sexting with emoji
When it comes to sexting, you need to know your three food groups: the peach, the taco, and the eggplant. 🍑 🌮 🍆
The peach represents booty, bottoms, butts, or whatever you call those two cheeks behind you. It’s the great unifier of sexting. Everyone has a peach. The eggplant has come to be the symbol for the penis, but some very honest men have been known to use the shrimp 🍤 in the interest of accuracy. Tacos represent the vagina, though there is a small movement underway to change that to the honey pot 🍯.
The important thing is establishing your language right up front. If you’re going to be a honey pot contrarian, make sure you start with a clear message. It’s hard to misunderstand: 👅 🍯.
Now that you know how to simulate genitals, let’s talk action. Your emoji keyboard is full of gestures, symbols, and characters to help you get the point across. When you’re texting your mom, 👏 or 👌 might mean applause or OK! But you throw a peach in front of those clapping hands and you end up with a spank.
🍑 👏 = Booty smack
That OK hand sign, coupled with a pointing finger, suddenly becomes the universal symbol for penetration.
👉 👌 = Penetration
This is where storytelling becomes important. Think about the order of your symbols to create a narrative. Here’s a quick listing of sexting emoji combinations and what they mean. After that, we’ll cover a few more complicated narratives.
🍑 📞 = Booty call
🇫🇷 👄 = French kiss
🍿 ❄️ ? = Netflix and chill
👐 🍅 🍅 = I’d like to put my hands on your breasts. (Note: Some people use melons. We prefer tomatoes. Establish your preference early and stay consistent.)
👅 🌮 💦 or 👅 🍆 💦 = I’d like to put your genitals in my mouth until something pleasant happens.
👅 🍑 💦 = I’d like to eat your booty
👉 🌮 = This finger might feel nice inside you
💣 🌮 or 💣 🍆 = Your genitals are the bomb.
💣 🐈 or 💣 🐓 = Your genitals are the bomb, and I give money to PETA.
👅 🔀 🔂 = We should take turns licking one another and repeat the process.
🐓 💍 = Cockring
Remember there are no right or wrong answers when it comes to sexting with emoji. Just make yourself clear, keep a sense of humor, and remember to have fun. Now let’s explore some advanced concepts.
- The emojis that unlock hidden porn on Instagram
- Your guide to the best porn subreddits
- A beginner’s guide to sexting
- 15 facts you should probably know about revenge porn
Sexting with emoji: Advanced storytelling
Once you have the basics nailed down, the world of sexting is your oyster. You can combine any number of symbols to tell the fantasy of your dreams. Here are some examples of complex emoji sexting narratives.
😶 ☝️ 🍑 😳 = I would like to put my finger on your bottom. Although you may not anticipate it, I believe you will enjoy the experience.
The blank face at the beginning shows your partner is not anticipating the act. The finger with the peach lets us know what’s happening. The blush at the end says “but it’ll be cool.”
🌬 🍆 🙇 😯 😲 😵 💀 💦 👻 = I want to perform oral sex on you until I have sucked the life out of your body, leaving only your ghost behind.
You may worry the person you’re sending this to won’t understand your message. Worst-case scenario, you’ll have to explain it to them, and they’ll laugh. Remember, this is supposed to be fun.
Here are some more complicated sex act narratives:
💁🏽 🗼 👬 = I would like to be Eiffel Towered by you and a friend.
⛓ 🙆🏽 ⛓ = I would like you to chain me up for a BDSM experience.
✊ 🍆 💦 😛 😓 😋 = When you finish, I would like it to be around my face, and I will revel in it.
By using these concepts, you can eventually start to create complex narratives. Here’s an example of an emoji sexting story for edging, a fetish involving orgasm denial. Let’s take a look.
✊ 🍆 😳 ✊ 🍆 😳
✊ 🍆 😭 ✊ 🍆 😡
✊ 🍆 😝 💦 😵 👻 = I’m going to bring you close to orgasm, but at the last minute stop. I will repeat this process until you begin to get annoyed, frustrated, then reach another plane of ecstasy. When I finally bring you to orgasm, you will pass out and most likely become a ghost from pleasure.
Any sexual fetish can be expressed by an emoji if you put enough thought into it. The important thing is that you have fun, explain yourself when your partner is confused, and only sext people who want to be sexted. Consent matters in every sexual experience and texting is no different. You want everyone involved to have fun, so make sure your opening move isn’t the promise of a booty smack. No one should ever receive a peach they didn’t ask for.
Editor’s note: This article is regularly updated for relevance.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adopter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.