- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist 4 Years Ago
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Saturday 6:00 AM
Guys, please stop leaving your sex toys in hotel rooms
You’re all disgusting pervs, says survey.
This article contains sexually explicit material.
Everyone agrees that traveling is a huge pain in the ass. And if you’re the type of person who never leaves home without their arsenal of dildos and butt plugs, it’s probably a literal pain in the ass as well. But for the love of God, when your vacation or business trip is over and it’s time for you to check out, please, please don’t leave your sex toys behind when you go. No hotel maid in the world is compensated well enough to deal with that shit.
According to a survey by the U.K. hotel website LateRooms.com, nearly 30 percent of all lost items left behind in hotel rooms are sex toys, including vibrators, plaster-cast penises, and even blow-up sheep. (I mean, it’s possible the sheep could’ve been used for non-lascivious purposes, such as cuddling or staging an impromptu Comfort Inn hoedown. But if I had to guess, I’d say it was likely being used for fucking.)
“Whilst we fully expected smartphones, laptops and chargers to top the list, we were really surprised by some of the more unusual items our hotel partners have come across in their rooms especially the number who regularly find abandoned sex toys,” Andrea Tarpey, who conducted the survey of 8,000 U.K. hotel managers for LateRooms.com, told the Mirror.
Of course, not all items left behind in hotel rooms have previously been in weary travelers’ cooters. In addition to more quotidian items like phones and laptops, guests have also left behind a jar of snails, an outrageously expensive watch, and, in one instance, a prosthetic limb.
But luckily, the survey reported that in most instances, a hotel will gladly return your lost items when prompted to do so. Here’s your dragon dildo, Mrs. Solomon. We hope you enjoyed your stay at the Harrisburg Sheraton.
H/T The Mirror | Photo via Unique Hotels/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.